Transport to and from KL from the Harbour.

Geblues

Hi all,

I have asked this on someone else's post but I thought that I'd just put it out there to the broader population of forumites.

I was wondering about getting a driver for KL or maybe a taxi. I've been to KL a couple of times and need to go to a couple of shops where I buy my clothes from. I am concerned about getting back if there is a traffic jam and missing the boat. The cruise's bus trip is $49.95 per person. I thought that $100 for a couple wasn't too bad and it comes with a guarantee, not to miss the boat that you don't get with a private driver.

Just wondering people's thoughts and also how much it is for a taxi from the port and how long did it take, did you get held up getting back to the boat, is it a bit risky? Any other time I would do my own thing, but this one port has me a little concerned.

thanks for any help.

kind regards,

• 3 weeks later...

We took the cruise company bus, the few dollars we may have saved by hiring a taxi or a taxi and train wasn't worth the peace of mind that we weren't going to " miss the boat" like you we are very familiar with KL and found our way around on foot and by public transport once we arrived.

Edited by 3littlepigs
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...

We took the cruise company bus as it was around the same price as a prebooked taxi. We welcomed the security of knowing the ship would (probably ) wait in the case of traffic problems. We wish we'd taken the taxi. The ship bus dropped us at a shopping mall so far out of town it wasnt even on the provided map. We had to get taxis to/from downtown which cost additional money ( approx US $10 each way) but more importantly cut into the limited free time we had available. To make matters worse, as we had made good time, we were due to get there before the mall opened, so we drove round KL to get a view of the Petronas Towers, wasting even more time.

• 1 month later...

just posted this on another thread. not sure if you still need this: while I was browsing some Asian destinations for my cruise in January, I stumbled over this thread. Just wanted to let you know what I found on a german cruise forum. Public transport is only a 10 min taxi ride away from the cruise terminal. The station is called Port Klang - . The trains are called KTM komuter. They're modern trains with aircondition etc. They're leaving every 15 mins and the ride into KL takes 1 hour 15 minutes. I've heard they are very reliable - and there'll be no issues with taxi/ traffic. They're stopping at KL sentral. In the heart of KL. A ride costs 3,40 EUR (return). A taxi ride to the station should not be more than 8 Euros- but of course they will try to get more from you. Just in case anybode is interested to explore the town on their own.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk