Hotel Director Armando - Thanks

ohioNCLcruiser

I have encountered many Hotel Directors in my years on ships and I have to say that two of them really stand out as just my top HDs. John O'Hara, who sadly is no longer with NCL, will always be a top 3 favorite but I really want to mention just how special I think Armando is.

I cruised with Armando back in 2010 and had a wonderful 21 day trip with him. I was cruising with a friend who was interested in the industry and Armando took the time to offer career advice, tips about his home area of Madeira but just really overall made is feel really special and really valued as guests.

Skip to the start of the month this year. On Feb 4th I boarded the Norwegian Spirit and found a note from Armando waiting in my cabin, exactly 5 years after the date of my last cruise with him. Armando remembered my name and wanted to make sure I felt special to be back and it blew my mind. During the cruise Armando checked in on us to ensure we were having a great time and just provided excellent customer service. Whenever we were around the ship he greeted us by name in a way that just made is feel really special.

While I'm sure they already know it, I just wanted to express to NCL that Armando really is a rock star to me and I feel like booking cruises based on his schedule.

If for some reason Armando reads this I want to again thank him for his hospitality. I don’t think he will ever be able to fully understand the positive impact he had on my friend back in 2010 who was just out of school and trying to figure out his steps in the industry. My friend and I still talk about that cruise almost every month.

Edited by ohioNCLcruiser

Couldn't agree more, Ohio. Armando was the HD on Jade on our Med cruise six years ago, and he treated us like royalty. Not only that, but the hotel section of the ship was run with clockwork efficiency. Everything sparked. I've been hoping to cruise with him again ever since.

On our next cruise, John O'Hara was the HD, so we were back-to-back spoiled.

Another thumbs up for Armando de Silva. I met him on the Jade over 3 years ago and had a chance to sit at his table during the officers dinner. He was pleasant, helpful, funny, accomodating and obviously loved his native Madeira. I even have a recording of him during an officer Q&A. He's very good at what he does.

Edited by xenagurl

Another thumbs up for Armando de Silva. I met him on the Jade over 3 years ago and had a chance to sit at his table during the officers dinner. He was pleasant, helpful, funny, accomodating and obviously loved his native Madeira. I even have a recording of him during an officer Q&A. He's very good at what he does.

Oh...I agree 100%! Armando De Silva was wonderful! We had a discussion about his native country and when we showed up for dinner that night, there was a bottle of his favorite wine waiting for us at our table. So sweet!

Oh...I agree 100%! Armando De Silva was wonderful! We had a discussion about his native country and when we showed up for dinner that night, there was a bottle of his favorite wine waiting for us at our table. So sweet!

That was very nice! NCL has a lot of top notch people!

We cruised with Armando on our JADE Med cruise. I agree, He is a great guy.

A great person among many - Nothing is ever too much trouble. Our mothers were absolutely spoilt by him. I think you will find he trained in the UK !!!!

:)

HD Armando...I shall never forget...He was the first...The first Norwegian officer to ever invite me to a dinner...It was the Jewel...It was Thanksgiving week...It was 2006...He made me laugh...He made feel like royalty...He made me feel like he was a brotha from anotha motha...I had to leave the table three times...I inhaled the creme brûlée...said thank you and left in a rush...never to see him again...I wonder if he ever thinks about me...Does he remember one of the most embarrassing things to ever happen to me ever on a cruise ship? All I will say is thank goodness he is from a large family and thank the catholic God he has a sense of humor!

Coka:o