Is the ferry to Playa Del Carmen free with Carnival??

gaham_gr

I heard people say they 'charter the ferry through Carnival' and was wondering if it's free if we are sailing with them? I am planning on doing my own excursion and was wondering if there is a free ferry with carnival i can take? I'm trying to calculate expenses if anyone can please reply.

I heard people say they 'charter the ferry through Carnival' and was wondering if it's free if we are sailing with them? I am planning on doing my own excursion and was wondering if there is a free ferry with carnival i can take? I'm trying to calculate expenses if anyone can please reply.

If you booked an excursion through Carnival, the cost of the ferry is included (Carnival typically charters a ferry for all those who have booked an excursion through them). However, if you plan to do an excursion on your own, then you will have to pay for the ferry rate.

Check out this link for ferry times and rate.

http://cozumel-tours.com/cozumel-ferry-schedule.htm

Edited by dz63

• 2 years later...

Once onboard you can book "Playa del Carmen on your own" for $30pp. That lets you get on the ferry saved exclusively for the cruisers and gives you roundtrip transport. You just have to make sure to be back at the dock to board when it returns to the ship.

You will be on the ferry with all the other people going on a Carnival excursion to PDC. We just did this last week (we did the Underground River w/5th Ave shopping tour -- I have a video, see my list in my signature below).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...