Hiring a taxi for a tour

tweety33

I'm pretty sure I decided what we are going to do, 2-6 of us. Walk to the gate and hire a taxi for a private tour of the island. Drive to the other end to the lighthouse, seeing the sights along the way and listening to the history of the island, where ever the driver thinks is of interest to stop. A stop in town for pictures & look around. On the way back stop at govoners beach for and hour or two, and then back to the ship.

I would love to hear from anyone else who has done this sort of tour. The experience, price, time, anything?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, here is a response for you. Sorry you had to wait so long. We were just in Grand Turk last week on Quest. We decided to rent a taxi at the cruise terminal. The price we were quoted was $35 each for four, and $25 for six or more. We were lucky to find a great driver who took us all over the island for 1 1/2 hours. As the island is only 8 square miles, it does not take long to see. There were plenty of taxis available. If you have any questions, let me know. Have a great time!!

Thank you so much for your reply. It sounds good. Did he let you stop and get out in town and light house and scenic views for pictures? Did he talk giving you history and info. about the island at the same time.

I since have read about the golf carts and would rather do that if I can convince the rest of my party to go that route, otherwise I think its the taxi.

Did you see people driving the roads in golf carts? Did they look like they didn't have to worry about getting hit by vehicals?

I'm sure it will be a great time which ever we do. Thank you.

At the beginning of our cruise, our driver said to tell him to stop any time we wanted to take pictures. We did stop at the lighthouse, took pictures and visited their gift shop. When we first arrived in port, we were the only ship there and there was hardly any traffic. I did see groups of golf carts and had I known we could have rented one, we would have. We have one at home and love to drive it. We arrived at 8 AM. Carnival Triumph arrived at 11 AM and the island was suddenly overrun! I am sure some folks rented carts, but we were back on the ship by then. It is a neat island and very manageable by cart. It would be hard to get lost as you can see the whole island from one shore to another. One of the nicest (but narrow) places is the street that runs through the city. It has small shops, restaurants and many inns. Neat historic buildings too. Be glad to answer anything else if you need more information.

Archived