What watch brands are sold on Carnival and where should I buy?

work2wander

Looking to buy a nice watch while I'm away. Heard that most prices onboard are comparable to those in port. I'll be in San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk if anyone has suggestions in buying. I plan to price before I go.

I can't speak for port prices but I did buy a couple of watches onboard.

They have TAG Heuer and Tonino Lamborghini and several other high-end brands I can't remember. The Lambo prices are the same as available via the one online retailer you can buy from. The TAGs can be found cheaper online but buying online means it's grey market. Grey market is the exact same product, just no TAG warranty. Instead you get the seller's warrant which frankly is just as good if not better. I bought one for about $1,800 that I could have got for $1,500 online. I'm not sure if Carnival is an authorized TAG dealer - most likely they are.

I also saw many of the fashion brands like Fossil, Citizen, etc - those in the $25 to $200 range. On one day they had a sale on tables that seemed okay if that's what you are looking for.

No they arent .99 they are 10 bucks a piece. Some are real gold plated and have real diamonds in em.

Sure they do.:rolleyes:

I stated they are worth $.99. Actually, according to a jeweler-friend who was on my last cruise, they are worth less. :DTake the back off one and have a look .

I stated they are worth $.99. Actually, according to a jeweler-friend who was on my last cruise, they are worth less. :DTake the back off one and have a look .

Not only that, but I thought they were quite possibly the ugliest watch I have ever seen.

And look at what. Would that not run a good watch. No thanks. Sorry you dont enjoy a good deal.

Rolex . St Thomas. No Taxes

Can't go wrong with a Rolex, but take a look at the Longnines, Patek, Breitling and Omegas as well. It depends on what style you like, if you want a more classical style, if you want full stainless steel, or if you prefer a pricier metal, if you want diamonds in the face, or a bevelled cut, or a chronograph ... I would say St. Thomas would be the place to look. Usually if they are an authorized dealer they'll advertise it on the front of the building.

Can't go wrong with a Rolex, but take a look at the Longnines, Patek, Breitling and Omegas as well. It depends on what style you like, if you want a more classical style, if you want full stainless steel, or if you prefer a pricier metal, if you want diamonds in the face, or a bevelled cut, or a chronograph ... I would say St. Thomas would be the place to look. Usually if they are an authorized dealer they'll advertise it on the front of the building.

A Patek would be nice ;). May have to wait for my kids to get through college first.

And look at what. Would that not run a good watch. No thanks. Sorry you dont enjoy a good deal.

To change the battery one has to remove the back. FYI, a replacement battery costs more than the actual value of the watch.

I have a $10 watch I bought just for fun on a RCI cruise over 2 years ago and I'm still wearing it! Works just fine and I don't think it's ugly. A Rolex it's not but I'm very hard on watches always knocking them around so don't want expensive watches. It's "silvertone" as are all the $10 watches on RCI.

It is what it is but is well worth $10.

Looking to buy a nice watch while I'm away. Heard that most prices onboard are comparable to those in port. I'll be in San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk if anyone has suggestions in buying. I plan to price before I go.

If you are going to be in St. Thomas you might stop into Celebrity Jewelers in Havensight Mall right off the docks...ask for Mark..tell him Mary Ellen from OH sent ya...great prices..my DH hemmed and hawed about a Citizens Eco Drive and he thought it was too much money so he walked ..btw price was great..he just pinches pennies till they yell mercy...anyway..when we got back to the states I emailed Mark and he shipped me the watch for DH's birthday...they stand behind their products...once I bought a multi colored sapphire bracelet from him...after wearing for a couple of days I decided that it really was on the tight side on my wrist...I like them loose...so again I emailed him when we got home and shipped him the bracelet..he added 4 sapphires to it and shipped it back to me..NO CHARGE!!!...I would have paid for the extra stones but nope..didn't have to...I won't buy anything anywhere else..great customer service and very high end jewelry.. Have fun and happy shopping...

Thanks everyone. I was thinking of a TAG for graduating nephew and a less expensive brand for moi.

My suggestion for the high end watches in shop in St. Thomas. The prices seem to be consistent from store to store. Remember no tax, but if you go over the $1600 pp duty allowance you have to pay duty on return. Still better than tax.

If you are looking for a decent but not too expensive watch - I love, love, love my Citizen I got on the Liberty a few years ago. Never needs batteries and runs great. I am soooo rough on watches - I usually destroy them in a matter of months but this one is showing no signs of wear at all!

DH also has a Citizen and is just as happy with it. I think mine ran around $120 and his was around $150.

If you are looking for a decent but not too expensive watch - I love, love, love my Citizen I got on the Liberty a few years ago. Never needs batteries and runs great. I am soooo rough on watches - I usually destroy them in a matter of months but this one is showing no signs of wear at all!

DH also has a Citizen and is just as happy with it. I think mine ran around $120 and his was around $150.

Good solid watches. I collect watches and have the gamut. I have two Citizens in my collection.

Thanks for this. Will definitely visit Mark.

I'm rough on watches so I think Citizen sounds good for me. More practical than the Longines I keep in the jewellry box but afraid to wear as I tend to crack the faces even with a little band protector.

Thanks for this. Will definitely visit Mark.

I'm rough on watches so I think Citizen sounds good for me. More practical than the Longines I keep in the jewellry box but afraid to wear as I tend to crack the faces even with a little band protector.

They are tough watches - very practical for every day use. Good if you want something nicer than a Timex (I can destroy one in a month or two) but don't want to spend thousands on the high end stuff.

...rolex will get you knocked on the head.
Depends where you hang out I suppose ;).

The "my $10 Casio tells the same time as your $8,000 Rolex and is more accurate" statement is well worn. The point is, an 'expensive' (relative term) watch is jewelry, not just a time teller. We can all get the time from our cell phones and computer screens nowadays... a watch is basically a luxury item, especially those 'spensive ones.

Some collect Lladro, others McDonalds toys... I likes me watches :D.

Usually if they are an authorized dealer they'll advertise it on the front of the building.

ONLY buy from an authorized dealer. It's your only recourse if the watch fails when you get home.

I was on a cruise when a simple Citizen watch in the ship's store caught my eye. I went into the Internet cafe and did a price search online. It was worth the $ to check. It was a good deal, not super, but it was a nice present for myself on my birthday and I know I didn't get ripped off.

Don't buy the cheapo plastic things, even for the kids. You might as well take your money and throw it overboard! :eek:

Archived