Bonine question???

mmorris85

We're taking out 7 year old on Liberty this December and have no idea what his motion sickness level is! I got the vertigo feeling on a rough night leaving Falmouth but I kept on the bonine. Is this safe for kiddos or should I just ask the pediatrician? It will be his first time on a plane then boat. :) Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe Bonine is for ages 12+. I bring regular Dramamine with me for the kids. You'd be surprised with kids, though. I need to take something now and then if the seas are rough, but my kids never have and they've been cruising since the youngest was 5 and the oldest was 6.

Of course you should talk to the child's doctor! Jeez...that's what you pay them for! The child may not even have motion problems! Talk to his doctor!

Edited by cb at sea

I believe Bonine is for ages 12+. I bring regular Dramamine with me for the kids. You'd be surprised with kids, though. I need to take something now and then if the seas are rough, but my kids never have and they've been cruising since the youngest was 5 and the oldest was 6.

Yeah I get wooshy easy, he can read in the car, I can't. :) ahhh old age.

We're taking out 7 year old on Liberty this December and have no idea what his motion sickness level is! I got the vertigo feeling on a rough night leaving Falmouth but I kept on the bonine. Is this safe for kiddos or should I just ask the pediatrician? It will be his first time on a plane then boat. :) Thanks in advance!

They have Bonnie for Kids ages 2-12. I purchased mine at Target, I would think any drug store would carry them. :)

I would avoid giving meds, purchase the acu point bracelets and as soon as you board the ship walk everywhere so he can get used to the motion

Awesome. Where do you get them?? Any drugstore??

Of course you should talk to the child's doctor! Jeez...that's what you pay them for! The child may not even have motion problems! Talk to his doctor!

I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. There was no need for such a snide remark.

The OP just wanted others to weigh in on what may have worked for their child. The OP wanted to be prepared in the event the child needed some sea sickness relief.

Now for my response to the OP. My children have taken 3 cruises and have not experienced sea sickness...yet. But if they had I think we would have tried the bands. Although they are now 16 and 12 and could use the patch. I don't like the side affects of the patch so it is last resort for me and would be for them too. Oh and our doctor says the patch is fine for my DD's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never saw Bonine for kids but I did see and buy Dramamine for kids when we took our granddaughter on her first cruise. What I liked, but can't prove worked since she never needed it, was that they claimed it worked even after symptoms started.

Never saw Bonine for kids but I did see and buy Dramamine for kids when we took our granddaughter on her first cruise. What I liked, but can't prove worked since she never needed it, was that they claimed it worked even after symptoms started.

Bonine for kids was discontinued early in 2012. Dramamine for kids is still available, however.

Awesome. Where do you get them?? Any drugstore??

Yes Walgreens here in FL and CVS has them and I bet you the Walgreens that is just outside the port in Ft Laud has multiple kinds