Cost Of Cigarettes

nivrag4511

There is a thread going on the cost...I dont remember them selling one carton.

either 2 or 5 cartons, is what I seem to remember. $109 approx for 5 cartons, but thats more than you are supposed to bring back into the US so go figure. Sometimes they are $104 or $114, the price seems to vary a little from cruise to cruise.

I think they have the 1/2 cartons too. Maybe that was only in Marlboro, not sure. They were the 5 pack that looked like a giant cigarette box. I'm not sure of the price though because I always bought the 5 carton pack. I agree with the last poster on the price. I paid $109 for 5 cartons.

Once the duty free shops open on the first night, my DH and I go and buy the 5 cartons. When you aren't at work you sit around and smoke more, but we still can't finish off 5 cartons in 5 days. We each take a caront, and that is our caron for the week. Then we bring back a carton each. We bring one back for our baby sitter, by having a friend take them off the ship for us, and they claim them. This time we are buying a five carton and our friend who is traveling with us, will buy one, I get one, DH gets one, the baby sitter gets one, and we have only one for ourselves once we get off the ship.:( But it is a great deal(if you are a smoker)

cigs.png

We were on the Spirit recently and Marlboros (3 different versions) were the ONLY brand they offered at 5 cartons for $114.

They had Benson & Hedges, Marlboros, Winstons, and the odd-filter brand of Camels 2 for $52.

Notice in this picture it says Cigarettes 2 for $52 but below that it says..."Excludes Newport & Pall Mall" ~ basically, some brands were slightly higher.

And, just want to caution some people, some brands are not available, at all. We had planned to buy cigarettes on the ship so we didn't pack a lot ....and they didn't sell my husband's brand... Camel filters in a hard pack. They didn't even sell Camel filters. So, if you are picky about your brand... they may or may not be on the ship.

Archived