QV - heavy weather

dnovak99

I'm sure by now that everybody on this board has seen the picture of the QV, bow buried in the Atlantic, during it's crossing to New York. I had the opportunity to discuss this picture with Captain Wright during our NY-LA segment and, to my surprise, he made it clear that "she never shipped any water on the decks at any time". There was nothing defensive in his comment at all - just stating a fact. Not sure that there is anything to be gained from this tidbit - just thought it was worth sharing.

David

http://aycu21.webshots.com/image/37420/2004477290909668108_rs.jpg

Watching from the QE2 which was doing some rocking and rolling of her own that morning, it was disconcerting to wonder what if we had hit some of the kind of weather that put the Riverdance on Cleveleys beach last week.

There was no storm force wind that morning, merely a long low swell - and there is the result for all to see.

How would she cope in a force ten or eleven? or in a trailing sea with all that low down glass at the stern?

She is down for another Winter Crossing next January (not that I will be on board). Lets hope she continues to encounter fair weather

Archived