Ensenada cruise port - how to get there?

Debitoo

I'm looking at a cruise to Hawaii from Ensenada. How are most people getting to Ensenada? I don't see an airport nearby. I live in SoCal but I really don't want to drive there. Driving through Tijuana gives me the willies!

I'm looking at a cruise to Hawaii from Ensenada. How are most people getting to Ensenada? I don't see an airport nearby. I live in SoCal but I really don't want to drive there. Driving through Tijuana gives me the willies!

The cruise line arranges the Ensenada transportation.

• 1 month later...

Most likely, the cruise line will provide bus transportation to the Ensenada port from the San Diego cruise port. I think it was Celebrity that was bussing passengers last year, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Apparently RCCL doesn't even schedule the transfers until much closer to the cruise...which is cramping our style trying to secure air travel.

Here is the only statement I could find that helps:

A: Ensenada, Mexico

Cruise Port Village / Pier #2

Airport:

San Diego International Airport Travel time to the Coral Hotel & Marina, approximately driving time 2 - 3 hours depending on traffic and Mexican border conditions

Los Angeles International Airport Travel time to the Coral Hotel & Marina, approximately driving time 5 - 7 hours depending on traffic and Mexican border conditions

Airport Transportation:

U.S. taxis are not able to cross the border to Ensenada. Mexican taxi service must be hired at the border crossing. Motorcoach transfers from the San Diego airport to the pier are available for purchase through the cruise line. To reserve your transfer, please contact your travel agent or our reservations department. All transfers should be booked in advance as they are not always available for purchase upon arrival at the airport.

Directions:

From San Diego

Take Interstate 5 south to the San Ysidro Border crossing.

After crossing, follow signs for Scenic Route 1-D through Tijuana towards Rosarito.

Enter the toll road at Playas de Tijuana and continue south on 1-D.

Upon entering Ensenada, bear to the right on 1-D towards the cruise terminal.

• 1 month later...

I am also interested to know as we are flying into LAX from Australia and spending a couple of days pre cruise in San Diego.

Also do we require a FMM if we are planning on heading to Ensenada on the day of the Cruise and flying home from Honolulu.

Edited by magpietray