Hotel Suggestion Near Port of Long Beach

danny8826

We are looking to stay one night prior to our Baja Mexico Cruise.

Could you please suggest a hotel near the port of Long Beach?

We do not need something fancy as long as it's clean and reasonably priced.

Thank you.

Danny

Danny, I posted this over on the departure forum as well:

We've cruised from Long Beach exactly one time, so I certainly do not consider myself "experienced", but we stayed (as a family of nine) at Crowne Plaza and found it to be a great "one nighter"...the restaurant there is way over priced, and the food underwhelming, but the rooms were clean, and spacious. There are a number of fast food places nearby, and a great "dive bar" up a block and one over. The Crowne Plaza also offers a free shuttle to the cruise docks for those that do not care to drive. All in all, I would stay there again if I were to cruise from San Pedro.

Danny, I posted this over on the departure forum as well:

We've cruised from Long Beach exactly one time, so I certainly do not consider myself "experienced", but we stayed (as a family of nine) at Crowne Plaza and found it to be a great "one nighter"...the restaurant there is way over priced, and the food underwhelming, but the rooms were clean, and spacious. There are a number of fast food places nearby, and a great "dive bar" up a block and one over. The Crowne Plaza also offers a free shuttle to the cruise docks for those that do not care to drive. All in all, I would stay there again if I were to cruise from San Pedro.

This is good advice if you're sailing from San Pedro. Sailing from Long Beach is a different port. We stayed at the Hotel Maya. It was "California expensive", but a great hotel. They also offered a shuttle to the port. Sometimes they have a Carnival discount, so look for it :) when you check prices!

It's important to remember that there are two separate cruise ports (even though the Port of LA and the Port of LB are often grouped together in regards to industrial ports -- considered one of the biggest in the world). Sometimes those sailing out of LA (San Pedro) might stay in Long Beach and then get their own transportation (unless they drove) over to SP. But usually the reverse doesn't happen -- those sailing from the Carnival berth in LB (there's just one berth there) may stay in LB (or Santa Monica, Hollywood, etc), but not over by the Port of LA.

No matter where you stay, make sure you let your driver know so you don't end up in the wrong port.