Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

What we saw of it was cool. Lots of cloud cover but it thinned enough to see a little around 3PM. Past peak but still neat.

Phone picture, no filter, just through a window. Actually, the clouds make it look more dramatic.

06081891490042e699d04ef41a4c6015.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Thanks JP, appreciate the pictures of the eclipse, one of the few disadantages to being on vacation!

I can help with that.

Rahmschnitzel over Spätzle for dinner tonight.

05d3d0042b9cbb88edc0b31973d0d772.jpg

Pork escallopes, pounded out and coated with flour, salt, pepper, paprika. Seared with butter. Then a little wine to deglaze the pan, some more butter, mushrooms, scallions, and garlic. The sauce was finished with a little cream and thinned with water, so the heart attack might be delayed for a week or two.

So good. But crazy rich. I had been craving this ever since we tried it in Trier two years ago. And I'd had a lousy restaurant version a few months ago, which made the craving all the worse. Satisfied!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

b08adcf27236a0ab8177fadb5c4b400c.jpg

Reminds me of the rich food we had in Villach, Austria earlier today. Unfortunately forgot to take photos of the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings Coolers! We are also confined to barracks. Booming thunderstorm, buckets of rain, brief power outage and now a tornado watch. It seems we have disturbed some serious weather god juju here.

J and mdpa...enjoy your tipples! And mdpa enjoy your cruise!

JP...your meal is amazing I could really sink my teeth into that creation!

Have a great day all!

I have found a really interesting series on Netflix. It is called "Call The Midwife". According to Wikipedia: "The plot follows newly qualified midwife Jenny Lee, and the work of midwives and the nuns of Nonnatus House, a nursing convent, and part of an Anglican religious order, coping with the medical problems in the deprived Poplar district of London's desperately poor East End, in the 1950s. The Sisters and midwives carry out many nursing duties across the community. However, with between 80 and 100 babies being born each month in Poplar alone, the primary work is to help bring safe childbirth to women in the area and to look after their countless newborns."

It islittle gritty and it is fascinating for me.

Hi M, yes this was a popular BBC series ... glad you are enjoying it.

Hadn't reslised you were using Netflix. You'll be aware of my real long-term interest in the conscious harnessing of intuition in decision making and management. You'll enjoy InnSaei if you haven't seen it. It is 70% relevant but some of it goes off beam a little and tries to make the topic sort of mystical, which I feel is a disrespectful to a perfectly rational "science".

This was the first time I ecountered any "kindred spirit" and more academic suppport for stuff I had been following and thinking for a long time. When working for the corporation I developed some workshops where we worked to bring intuition from a sub-conscious state to s state where people became more aware of it and harness it. Many I worked with obviously saw it as a topic that was too esoteric for a large corporation, but in some of the people I worked closely with I saw real improvements in those that learned to use intuition as a complementary tool for decision making.

With the benefit of hindsight, all of my life changing decisions have resulted from intuitive decision making and all have been in spite of logic showing clearly not to favour what I was planning to do and tended to indicate that my plans would fail.

Hope you find it and enjoy it. Tell us what you think.

Oh, now I will be on the hunt for this J! I am a very firm believer in intuition. It has guided me through many life decisions and I have never regretted availing myself of the "insights". I believe our "semi-conscience" minds pick up information we are not aware of consciously and feed our decision-making process if we allow ourselves to be open to it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Great, thought you might enjoy it.

I think it is broadly accepted that you consciously only access between 5 to 10% of your brain and that therefore includes all that you have learned and experienced. It seems to me therefore that your subconsious possibly access all or most of what you have expereienced and learned ie much much more than that 5 = 10% ..... and perhaps most. It therefore seems to me that if you can harness and "exercise" those subcoscious skills and make them interrogatable then the chances are that you will make wiser and better informed decisions.

it has always seemed to me that the simple use of logic in decision making is a comparatively basic unsophisticated approach compared to exercising the intuition muscles of the brain and trying to unlock the other 95% of all you have learned.

The techniques in my workshops and mentoring involved basically treating intuition almost as though it were a seperate entity to be interrogated and asked to explain and justify why it was taking you in a counter-logical direction. Oddly, women that worked for me found the process to be more comfortable than men, perhaps because women seem more comfortable about discussing feelings than men and it seemed to me that men felt that personal self-disclosure was a unmasculine and weakness.

This all makes me sound like a twit, but i am absolutely certain it is right and has been the most important thing I discovered that changed my life.

Anyway .... I am droning on as usual.

You absolutely do NOT sound like a twit! I am 1/2 hour into the show and I already have goosebumps. This speaks to me J! When I did a physiological assessment years ago, the results were than I use right and left hemispheres of my brain almost equally. I'm going back to the show and I wanted to thank you for your suggestion to check it out! :)

All of us have done, but mostly without knowing it. For want of a better choice of words we call it "The Force" as in "May The Force Be With You"! My family sometimes have found it weird.

When The Cooler is running a bit dry, perhaps we should all search back and recount times when we've used it and it has surprised and either worked or not. Might be fun .....

:)

Greetings Coolers!

57 v.........I have already gone through a box of tissues! I am so very glad that I had my kids in the early 1980's! I have a high tolerance for pain but the heartache many of the women suffered would have laid me low! Awesome series!

Have a great day all!

Good Day All......lovely mix to catch up on...great debates....delish food....good BBC series and even thunderstorms!

Have been brought out of retirement this week to assist with several problems with the business....always happens when I'm on cruise countdown...ok it's four weeks but l like to milk it! 😉

Lovely long holiday weekend to look forward to...last one before Christmas....ye gads!

M...didn't watch the Midwife but it got rave reviews....so hope you are enjoying.....hope you survived the storms....it's pretty calm and warmish here right now with the nights drawing in quite fast.

Are you still on the balcony Jeffers?

Happy Days 😊

Greetings Miss S....We did survive the nasty weather! 30 mm of rain at times so dense that we could not see our neighbour's house. Trees down around town and loonie-sized hail ( a loonie is our nick-name for our one dollar coin). Hope your business dealings worked out. Is your cruise rail up yet? Looking forward to hearing about the planning. I think I am a planning junkie! :)

Greetings Miss S....We did survive the nasty weather! 30 mm of rain at times so dense that we could not see our neighbour's house. Trees down around town and loonie-sized hail ( a loonie is our nick-name for our one dollar coin).

Weather? For this part of normally very hot August, here below in Central Ohio is our wonderful forecast for the next five days. Could we ask for better weather and conditions?

COLUMBUS AccuWeather FORECAST:

WED./TODAY: high of 78°F/low of 55°F, Partly sunny and less humid. Historic average of high of 83°F/low of 64°F

THUR.: high of 74°F/51°F, Pleasant with clouds and sun

FRI.: 75°F /52°F, Partly sunny and pleasant

SAT.: 76°F/54°F, Sunny and pleasant

SUN.: 78°F/60°F, Partly sunny and pleasant

Getting lots of nice cool weather from Canada. Appreciate those nice temperatures from our northern neighbor.

For those in Europe, that means highs here of around 23-25C. Lovin' this weather!!

Nice earlier food and seashore pictures!!

Notice the new warnings put out yesterday by the U.S. State Department about travel to Mexico? Loved out visit to Cabo San Lucas in March, but there have been an increasing number of murders there in recent months. That previously safe area is now getting much more risky. Sorry and sad.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 185,426 views for this posting.

Here are more details on the Mexico situation. From the Los Angeles Times, they have this headline today: U.S. warns citizens about traveling to Mexico's Cancun and Los Cabos as violence surges with these highlights: “TThe U.S. State Department has warned its citizens about traveling to Cancun and Los Cabos, two of Mexico’s most popular tourist destinations, after a surge in violence in those regions. A travel advisory issued Tuesday upgraded the warnings for two states, Quintana Roo and Baja California Sur, saying turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime and shootings in which innocent bystanders have been killed.”.

In March, we super loved out first visit to Cabo. Great location, food, scenery, etc.!!! How do others react to these latest incidents in an area that had previously been considered safe?

Full story at:

http://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-mexico-cancun-warning-20170822-story.html

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico (Cabo San Lucas), plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580