MSC Photo Pricing

nickw

I can see the pricing for the items you can pre-purchase, but I wanted to know if anyone knew how much photos were on board? Does anyone know how much the cruise DVD's cost on board?

Wanting to know if I should buy in advance or wait until the cruise.

If you've ever purchased a photo of photo package onboard, please post how much you paid!

We sailed on the Divina on 5/28/16 and had pre-purchased the 10-photo package which was supposed to include a CD. During the cruise we had about 40 photos taken. We chose the best 10 for the package and the photo people tried to tell us our package did not include the CD. We firmly reminded them that our package was pre-purchased before the sailing and did include a CD. When we got home, the CD given to us not only included the 10-photos we chose, but also included all the photos taken of us. It was a nice surprise. We thought it was well worth the $59 we paid.

Definitely pre- purchase the photo package!! My husband and I went on the Divina last December and had a ton of pictures taken. When we would go to the photo counter each evening to have our pictures from the previous night put in our folder, we would ask how much the pictures were going to cost. We kept being told to wait until the last night and they would give us a good deal on all the pictures taken of us. We thought we were going to get an amazing deal since it was the last night of the cruise and they would probably be wanting to make as many sales as they could. Well, they gave us such a ridiculous price that if I hadn't fallen in love with some of the pictures I would have walked away. I ended up buying (4) 8X10's and (5) 10X14's and a DVD of the ship and I was charged $210!! Right now, the pre- purchase price for the picture package in $98 and includes up to 100 pictures. Well worth it!!!

Definitely get a package before you go. You will be amazed at all the very high quality photos they take and how many you will get for such an amazing price!! We were thrilled because we NEVER buy photos from any other line because they are WAY too expensive. We came home with a ton of photos and a CD containing all the photos taken. All for less than $75.

My Mom purchased four photos and it was $50 and did not include a CD.

Divina staff are unfortunately improperly trained on all the packages that are pre sold online. They also don't have training about what to do when they do not know what to do and management is not available to help them in most instances. They are trying very hard and this is not a sign of rudeness just poor management.

Does anyone know if the 100 photos for $98 are 8x10" prints?

The only description is:

ALL INCLUSIVE PHOTO PACKAGE, DONT MISS THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY!

SAVE up to 80% of the onboard price! Choose a selection of up to 100 photographs from Embarkation, Studio Portraits, Dining Rooms Dinner, Cocktails lounges, Photo with Captain and many other events, in only all in one package!

Does anyone know if the 100 photos for $98 are 8x10" prints?

The only description is:

ALL INCLUSIVE PHOTO PACKAGE, DON’T MISS THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY!

SAVE up to 80% of the onboard price! Choose a selection of up to 100 photographs from Embarkation, Studio Portraits, Dining Rooms Dinner, Cocktails lounges, Photo with Captain and many other events, in only all in one package!

Based on our experience on Divina: it's 8x10, no CD included, not even an option to add a CD as far as I know. They also printed some in 12x14 (odd size?), those are priced at $30 but every staff told us to wait until last day to buy at 50% off. Not sure why they don't just sell them for 15ea to avoid everybody lining up on the last day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On the option to repurchase online, it lists the cost as $98 per person. If we purchase one package, under my husband's name, would all of our family's pictures in our cabin be included?

I would like to know this also!

Yes, everyone in the cabin gets included in the package.

You will get a better deal if you pre-purchase the photos.

If you wait until you board, it's expensive. Our family ended up spending $260 on photos. We got ~fifty 8x10 photos and the crusieship added a digital copy of every photo, plus TWO android tablets. I feel like we got our monies' worth.

BUT if we had purchased the package in advance, we would've spent less money overall. We wouldn't have been tempted to buy two $129 packages on-board. Lesson learned.

Edited by styxfire

Dumb question, but what exactly is the:

Package of 3 DVD - My Cruise, My Excursion, My Ship

For the price, it makes me wonder if it's some kind of generic marketing DVD they made?

Also, for the Package of 10 + CD for $59.00, is that something where you get to pick ANY 10 pictures that were taken during the whole cruise (kinda like the all inclusive one where you get to pick 100 of them)? I don't know why the descriptions aren't very descriptive.

Yes, everyone in the cabin gets included in the package.

You will get a better deal if you pre-purchase the photos.

If you wait until you board, it's expensive. Our family ended up spending $260 on photos. We got ~fifty 8x10 photos and the crusieship added a digital copy of every photo, plus TWO android tablets. I feel like we got our monies' worth.

BUT if we had purchased the package in advance, we would've spent less money overall. We wouldn't have been tempted to buy two $129 packages on-board. Lesson learned.

They tried to charge us that on Splendida for only half of the photo's.

They would give 1 free android tablet and a photo book and 2 frames plus a CD with all the photo's we chose. They claimed the benefit of that tablet, book and frames was over 150€.

When asked what the price would be if we would leave out those extra's, they said they could only give 20€ discount.

We didn't buy the photo's.

Next time we'll look online for a package before we depart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Definitely get a package before you go. You will be amazed at all the very high quality photos they take and how many you will get for such an amazing price!! We were thrilled because we NEVER buy photos from any other line because they are WAY too expensive. We came home with a ton of photos and a CD containing all the photos taken. All for less than $75.

I am curious to know which package you got at that price. We are torn between the 10 posed photos with a disc for $59 or the 100 photos with no disc for $98.

The website does say that the 100 would include "Studio Portrait" photos. This is usually our Family Photo Session for the year and would really like to get those, every other photo would be secondary. We would rather have the disc, but if the 100 includes posed studio sessions that make tilt the scale!

So:

1) Does anyone know if there is an option to buy a disc as extra with the 100 photo/$98 package?

2) Does the 100 photo/$98 package also include posed Studio Sessions to pick from?

Another question about the pre purchased 100 photo package. We are traveling with another couple. If i buy the package, can i choose photos our friends are in?

Thanks

yes you can they don't even look at what pictures you are taking

And to the original poster by a package ahead of time I was saddened to see people walking away with like 5 pictures and paying more than i did for the 96 pictures i came home with

Hi, on the back of shelpt's question - we are travelling as a family and have 3 cabins. bnorris10 has kindly advised that you can just pick pictures you want, but if getting pictures on a cd will these only include ones of people in your own cabin? Sorry if this seems a silly question I'm a cruise newbie!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, on the back of shelpt's question - we are travelling as a family and have 3 cabins. bnorris10 has kindly advised that you can just pick pictures you want, but if getting pictures on a cd will these only include ones of people in your own cabin? Sorry if this seems a silly question I'm a cruise newbie!

I did not get a CD however my guess is that is accurate that you would only get the ones from your cabin

yes you can they don't even look at what pictures you are taking

And to the original poster by a package ahead of time I was saddened to see people walking away with like 5 pictures and paying more than i did for the 96 pictures i came home with

Then im definitely getting it! Cant beat that price

I am still confused about which package to choose. 100 pictures seems like a lot and I would like to have them on a cd as well. 10 pictures would probably be enough, but have read that the 10 pictures package does not include all pictures taken, so can someone tell me which photoes are not included in the 10 pictures package?

I am still confused about which package to choose. 100 pictures seems like a lot and I would like to have them on a cd as well. 10 pictures would probably be enough, but have read that the 10 pictures package does not include all pictures taken, so can someone tell me which photoes are not included in the 10 pictures package?

you get to choose which 10 pictures you want for the cd