what is "standard party (1 hour)" on booking details?

IHLOZ

Ive just logged on to our MSC account to check some details and have found that there is an addition that wasn't there 2 days ago. Can anyone throw any light on what it is? The friends we are travelling with have also had 234S17 with thedescription house brand sparkling wine, fruit punch and dry snacks added to their tickets although it isn't on ours, has anyone else experienced additions that they don't anything about?

Sounds like the "Welcome Back Onboard" party for Voyagers Club members. They serve these items at the event. This code would be on your booking for the information to be inputted on the ship so that they can send you an invitation to the event.

Dave ............. I've never seen this before, either. I probably should have worded what I said differently. I meant to say that the code may be showing on the booking so that the invitation could be issued accordingly.

We're getting to see more and more codes that MSC have in their system for all aspects of the cruise. I'm just surmising from the info that the 'standard 1-hour party' is the Welcome Back party. Sparkling wine, fruit punch and nibbles are always provided at the event. It may even refer to the Black Card event.

thanks for your replies - we have never sailed with MSC although we have been status matched and booked through cruise nation. I was a bit reluctant to ask them in case it is something really good which has been applied in error and gets taken off again :D weve also had £25 ship credit each added too which we knew nothing about but Ive bitten the bullet and sent the email so when I find out I will let you all in on the secret.

Here is what a 234 event is

234.jpg

are there 16 persons in your group?

or have you joined a meet and greet event?

S17 possibly the number of guests at the event

I thought that S17 might mean Summer 2017? The OP doesn't say when they're sailing.

thanks that's brilliant, Ive had confirmation back from MSC that we have been invited to a cocktail party, we sail on 3rd September from Hamburg to Southampton so it could be Summer 17

• 4 weeks later...