Live from the Spirit April 26 Barcelona to Rome

spinnaker2

Hello from Barcelona!

Started a new thread for this mini cruise.

Will try and post photos as I can.

We feel a little displaced and out of place as we are being moved to another suite.

Only 40 of us are aboard from the last cruise.

Spins...it was a real pleasure to meet you and I'm sorry we didn't get time to spend more time together but I am grateful for your understanding.

I did try and claw at the carpets today whilst disembarking but they chucked me off anyway....[emoji6] I arrived home to freezing cold weather and tomorrow I will collect my furry baby......enjoy your last few days on board.

S [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spinnaker2, enjoy! Looks so familiar; we were just there over Christmas, and the waterfront is beautiful! Looks like it's busier now. The cable car was running when we were there, but it was not stopping at that middle tower where the cruise ships dock. Does it look like people are getting on and off there now?

Thanks all.

JP, no the cable cars don't stop at the tower. I wanted both of them in the photo so waited to snap it at that point.

We have docked at Sete. Love our new digs aboard. A fresh perspective for the few days left.

Ships vibe is very different than crossing. Lots of young people, some children and sun seekers.

Off to explore.

Thanks all. JP, no the cable cars don't stop at the tower. I wanted both of them in the photo so waited to snap it at that point. We have docked at Sete. Love our new digs aboard. A fresh perspective for the few days left. Ships vibe is very different than crossing. Lots of young people, some children and sun seekers. Off to explore.

Appreciate ALL of these added pictures from one of our favorite cities, Barcelona. Interesting to hear how the ship's "vibe" has changed in the shift from being trans-Atlantic to doing just the Med with more younger people, etc. Keep the good stuff coming!! Great sharing.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 197,564 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hi Spinnaker,

My husband and I are onboard as well (we are part of the sunseekers). I thought I figured out who you were and approached another passenger. i hope he (or his wife) didn't think it was a come on!!!! Now I'm looking at women's feet to try to match them up with the photos from your veranda.

We have run into some argumentative staff since boarding yesterday, I hope this doesn't continue or my canines might start to show and I haven't been recently vaccinated.

Hope to meet you and thank you for all the wonderful pictures you have posted.

Marjorie (and Francois)

Marjorie and Francois,

So sorry to hear of argumentative staff.

I haven't had that experience and have been on the ship for the crossing too.

No need to thank for the photos. This is pay back time for me, I have been enjoying so many others photos for so long.

I am in 701.

PS

Those feet are mine.

Argumentative staff? Do tell.

Since you asked, on 3 out of 5 occasions that we have ordered champagne (and we always specify french champagne) we have been served prosecco served out of either a Monopole bottle or a Pommery bottle. Where we come from, this is an act punishable by a fat fine. They continue to insist that they are not freshly opened bottles and we continue to insist that we know better. Hopefully by this evening the message has been passed around and this sacrilige will end (with us at least).

Also this morning while looking for the internet instructions within our desktop folder we found an invitation from our travel agent to dine at Champagne and to contact the maitre d'hotel for reservations. A lovely surprise. At lunch we asked our waiter how we can proceed to make this reservation, he took our cabin number and said he would pass the message (he was very pleasant by the way, as are the majority of the staff). Shortly after, by the pool, we were approached by "Typhoon" agressively with "what's your cabin number" and "we were waiting for you last night". If there is a problem with communication, do not put the passenger in doubt.

We now have our reservation and all is well, it is just a shame that the way it was handled was not dignified.

Otherwise the staff in general are very friendly and eager to please.

I am in 701.

PS

Those feet are mine.

And we are in 747.

Can we but you a drink :) ?

We will be in the bar around 7:30. I'll be wearing a black dress with a gold chain shoulder. I'm assuming you'll be wearing shoes, so I won't be able to recognize you.

Times are tough, we are all trying to cut corners where we can. I understand why they do this, if the majority of passengers do not recognise the difference, why not try? But please have a bit more respect for those who do.

If you've been caught in the wrong, don't make matters worse by arguing.

Times are tough, we are all trying to cut corners where we can. I understand why they do this, if the majority of passengers do not recognise the difference, why not try? But please have a bit more respect for those who do.

Let me get this straight.

Silversea staff having decanted prosecco into champagne bottles and then argued with a foody working in the food industry in France! That is courageous. We have never met, but make my day and tell me you also have a French accent. :rolleyes:

Personally I'd prefer rat wee to Blue Cap but that doesn't sound like much better than you got. :D

Liberté, égalité, fraternité .......... et courage mon brave!

:)

Jeff

Also this morning while looking for the internet instructions within our desktop folder we found an invitation from our travel agent to dine at Champagne and to contact the maitre d'hotel for reservations. way, as are the majority of the staff). Shortly after, by the pool, we were approached by "Typhoon" agressively with "what's your cabin number" and "we were waiting for you last night". If there is a problem with communication, do not put the passenger in doubt.

Otherwise the staff in general are very friendly and eager to please.

Dear Les Picantans,

We had a similar experience when the M&M invitation was left, not in the mailbox, but underneath the desk mat. Guest Services correctly indicated that the invitation was in our cabin; however, why would I look underneath the mat? Fortunately, I was able to find the information on our M&M on time. I hope this helps other CC'rs who can't find their invitation...

i would suggest asking for an unopened champagne bottle and ask that it be uncorked at your table and kept in a bucket nearby. They should be happy to agree. I Hope all goes well.

Anyone with taste buds should be able to distinguish the difference between Prosecco and Champagne. I refuse to believe that they would be loading bottles of one into another. Neither champagne available in the all inclusive is expensive enough to bother with such an act of deception.

Like suggested by others, order your own bottle and watch them open.

Nice photos Spin. I love touring the food markets. Natures gift of beauty.