Prior cruise credit

may1021

We are booked on the Eclipse next January. Had been on a Celebrity ship years ago so emailed to see if I could get credit for this in the Captain's Club. Also asked if I could get reciprocity for RCCL cruises I have done too. Answer was NO to RCCL because I was not on a high enough tier with them. However, they said if I had proof of prior Celebrity cruise they would honor this.

They would accept passcard or photos as proof. As fate would have it, I had a photo with ship's name and a pic of the family. Was thrilled with myself for even being able to find this. Got a reply from them that this was not enough. I needed the month and year of the cruise. Actually found the cancelled check with date and year and have emailed them this info. I am anxiously awaiting word on this. Anyone else had experience with this? Hopefully in the end, I will get the recogniton for this cruise.;)

Thanks for info. I will stick with it. Can produce check to them if needed. It looked to be an easy process and initially I thought...how nice of them. However haven't heard from them lately either. Will give them another week and then will recontact them. Days may mean something down the road so will hang in and follow through.:rolleyes:

We are booked on the Eclipse next January. Had been on a Celebrity ship years ago so emailed to see if I could get credit for this in the Captain's Club. Also asked if I could get reciprocity for RCCL cruises I have done too. Answer was NO to RCCL because I was not on a high enough tier with them. However, they said if I had proof of prior Celebrity cruise they would honor this.

They would accept passcard or photos as proof. As fate would have it, I had a photo with ship's name and a pic of the family. Was thrilled with myself for even being able to find this. Got a reply from them that this was not enough. I needed the month and year of the cruise. Actually found the cancelled check with date and year and have emailed them this info. I am anxiously awaiting word on this. Anyone else had experience with this? Hopefully in the end, I will get the recogniton for this cruise.;)

I have never heard of a case where they would not give reciprocity, regardless of level. You still should be able to join the Captains Club as long as you have a Crown and Anchor Number. I would call them again and speak to a supervisor if need be. Granted that the better priviledges are at the higher levels but you should be able to join. YOu should understand that very often Celebritys customer service stinks, I would call Captains Club direct if you have not.

The two programs cruises are not combinable, they only recognize the same level but they do so no matter the level.

I also did the thing with having to prove a cruise or two so keep with it.

I've read some people here say they've had better luck with issues such as this once aboard the ship. So if you have your RCCL info with you when you cruise, the hotel manager on the ship might fix it and award you your benefits then.

Anyone else had experience with this? Hopefully in the end, I will get the recogniton for this cruise.;)

Yes, my experience was with RCCL. Before my 2010 cruise on the Oasis, I tried to join the Crown & Anchor club because many years ago I had sailed on the Song of Norway. All I could remember was that it was in 1978 and I narrowed it down between 2 months. They could find no record of it. So I didn't get credit. I've always been wanting to pursue it further, but just haven't found the time to dig through old travel stuff to find the exact date.

QUESTION: what is meant by "giving reciprocity for RCCL cruises". I thought their 2 frequent cruiser clubs were not combinable.

Yes' date=' my experience was with RCCL. Before my 2010 cruise on the Oasis, I tried to join the Crown & Anchor club because many years ago I had sailed on the Song of Norway. All I could remember was that it was in 1978 and I narrowed it down between 2 months. They could find no record of it. So I didn't get credit. I've always been wanting to pursue it further, but just haven't found the time to dig through old travel stuff to find the exact date.

QUESTION: what is meant by "giving reciprocity for RCCL cruises". I thought their 2 frequent cruiser clubs were not combinable.[/quote']

They do not combine the cruises, but will recognize whatever equivalent level you are at on the other line.

"giving reciprocity" was my phrase....think this has confused some.

My BIL told me that he was able to be part of or get credit for RCCL cruises on Celebrity because they are the same owner. He called Celebrity and he did manage to get all previous cruises from both lines added in. He said it took a lot of talking. I have NO idea what level he is on.

I sort of thought he meant that my 2 RCCL cruises(20 days) and my Crown and Anchor membership would put me on the same tier on Celebrity and their Captain's Club. This is not the case.

According to Celebrity and this is a quote from them...

"Beginning in 2005, Celebrity and RCCL started an equivalent tier program for members of our loyalty programs in the top tier or membership level which would be Select and Elite for Captains Club and Platinum or Diamond for RCCL.

I believe their website does say this too.

I will hang in and try to get credit for Celebrity Meridian cruise in 1991.

I do have documentation and proof of that.:)

They do not combine the cruises, but will recognize whatever equivalent level you are at on the other line.

Actually, there is no reciprocity at the lowest levels-- Captain's Club Classic and Crown & Anchor Gold. You have to be at least Select to get reciprocal Platinum level benefits, and vice versa. OP, apparently, is not "high enough" yet to get any CC benefits, but would qualify as Classic on the basis of the previous Celebrity cruise, if he/she can verify it.

Edit-- I missed the post where OP says he/she only has 2 RCCL cruises (20 days), so is only Gold. So yes, that's why no CC membership on the basis of RCCL cruises.

My first and only cruise so far was on the Century in 2001. I called and they were able to locate our reservation/account. Took a little digging but they did find it. Our friends still had their seapass and their bill from their onboard account but they were still unable to find them in their system. After a couple phone calls, they did assign them a Captains Club number and give them thier credit.

Sailing on the Solstice in two weeks!

Yes' date=' my experience was with RCCL. Before my 2010 cruise on the Oasis, I tried to join the Crown & Anchor club because many years ago I had sailed on the Song of Norway. All I could remember was that it was in 1978 and I narrowed it down between 2 months. They could find no record of it. So I didn't get credit. I've always been wanting to pursue it further, but just haven't found the time to dig through old travel stuff to find the exact date.

After several years of not cruising, we booked an RCI cruise in 2007 and I'd remembered that we'd done a cruise with them in the mid 1990's on Nordic Prince. I called and gave them the month and year, couldn't remember the date, and they immediately issued me a C&A gold card. It was nice to have a coupon book on the voyage.

QUESTION: what is meant by "giving reciprocity for RCCL cruises". I thought their 2 frequent cruiser clubs were not combinable.

It's quite clear on the web sites for C&A and CC that you have to be at the C&A Platinum or the CC mid-level to get a card from the other line. You do have to call and ask for enrollment and give them your number for the program you are enrolled in.

If you are in Celebrity's CC program, you are automatically in Azamara's. They use your Captain's Club number.

You are correct that the cruises cannot be combined between lines. It is only the status that is recognized. One can only have 2 cruise credits on Celebrity, but be Captain's Club Elite because they are Diamond on Royal.

I hope this is a little bit clearer

Archived