Pre-Cruise stay in Tampa - dining recommendations?

cruising mickey

Hello,

My fiance and I are planning on staying at the Tampa Marriott Waterside:eek: and are in need of some suggestions:o where the locals go for:

breakfast - in the area of the hotel (or within the trolley), any diners?

lunch - burgers/sandwiches/seafood near the aquarium

dinner - seafood/lobster in Ybor City

late nite - pizza/chinese delivery (hotel area)

Thanks, any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated

• 6 months later...
Hello,

My fiance and I are planning on staying at the Tampa Marriott Waterside:eek: and are in need of some suggestions:o where the locals go for:

For an amazing dinner, you must go to Bern's Steakhouse. The steaks are fantastic and for what you would pay for just a steak at Ruth's Chris gets you soup, salad, potato and vegetable as well. Even more impressive than the steaks is the wine list, which could easily be called an encyclopedia. Everything from modest domestic wines to $10,000 bottles. Don't miss the tour of the kitchen and wine cellar.

If you REALLY want seafood instead, there's Side Bern's. I've never been, but have heard it's very good.

Breakfast

First Watch downtown is a good breakfast, 520 North Tampa Street

Tampa. If you want to experience a real Tampa breakfast go to West Tampa Sandwich Shop, 3904 North Armenia Avenue Tampa, FL 33607. You'll need to take a cab but it's loud, cuban and very Tampa.

Lunch

The aquarium is in "Channelside" There are couple of ok places to eat there. If you want something "Tampa", The Columbia Restaurant has bistro in the history museum that is between your hotel and the aquarium. But a better option is to experience the original Columbia restaurant in Ybor City for dinner, 2117 East 7th Avenue Tampa, FL 33615. Make a reservation for the show room and watch the flamenco dancers.

The aquarium won't be an all day adventure. It's very interesting but a few hours and you'll be more than ready to move on.

Dinner

If you choose not to go to the Columbia we have a a lot of great places. Very few are in Ybor. One of the best places to eat in Ybor is the "Laughing Cat", 1811 North 15th Street Tampa, FL 33605. It's an Italian restaurant the serves amazing seafood. Their ravioli del gofo is incredible. The Green Iguana is a burger and music hangout.

A great deal in Ybor is Bernini Italian restaurant an Italian bistro at 1702 E. 7th Ave. If you get their before 7 pm all the entrees are 50% off.

I know it's weird but we really don't have a great seafood place. You have to go to the panhandle of Florida to get the authentic Florida seafood shack experience.

Tampa has some of the best places to eat in the country. Depending on your price point and the type of food you enjoy we have something for everyone.

Alan

Hello,

Hi there! The laughing cat is incredible. Personally, I like it much better than the columbia. Berns is great, too. Fantastic steaks. Suit and tie kind of dinner.nthe inside looks like the haunted mansion at Disney. Lol. Personally, I think the pizza here stinks. But I am from up north, :). Congrats on your engagement!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived