Loterie Farm (Ti-Tarzan) (St. Martin) with 7 and 9 year olds

iujen94

DH and I are taking our boys (who will be 7 and 9) on their first cruise in June. St. Martin is one of our stops, and I've been looking at Loterie Farm as an option as a way to spend out day. I know that my boys are too small to do the main ropes course, but the Loterie Farm website mentioned the Ti-Tarzan course for younger kids (recommended for ages 5-7). The website also indicates that parents can go with their kids on this course.

I'm hoping someone here has experience and can answer some questions -

Is it worth it to go to Loterie Farm just to do Ti-Tarzan and not the "main" course (we wouldn't want to do the main course without our kids even if it were logistically possible)?

I've read on here that if you are on a RCI ship (we are), that you can only go to Loterie Farm through RCI's shore excursion. The shore excursion lists a minimum height of 54 inches (based on the minimum height for the main course) - will they let our boys go on this excursion since they don't meet the height requirement?

Will this be fun and adventurous enough for a 7-9 year old? I was kind of surprised by the 5-7 year old age recommendation.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

• 4 months later...

I didn't get any responses to my original post, but we just got back from our cruise on Allure - including a stop at Loterie Farm in St. Martin - and I thought I'd share our experience in case it might help someone else. We LOVED Loterie Farm - it was unanimously picked as our family's favorite cruise experience. We got off the ship around 8 the day we docked at St. Martin - got a cab and went straight to Loterie Farm. We arrived at 8:45, about 15 minutes before opening, which meant we waited around a bit but also that we beat the horde of folks doing the excursion through the cruise ship. I think our taxi was around $30 (it's about a 35-40 minute ride from the pier). We only did the Ti-Tarzan course. It's designed for kids, but all four of us - me, DH and our sons (7 and 9) did it and loved it. It was easy enough for the kids but fun enough for DH and I. The whole course took about an hour to complete, and we had our own personal guide with us the entire time (although that may have been lucky timing on our part based on when we arrived). The Ti-Tarzan course is a ropes course with 5-6 zip lines, just like the main course but close to the ground - I don't think we were ever more than maybe 10-15 feet up. It cost us $106 for all four off us to do it, and they accepted credit cards. We also tipped our guide $20 just because he was so great and patient with the kids. When we were done they called a cab for us that took about 15 minutes to arrive. We would have done the hike also but it rained pretty hard that morning and they said it would probably be too slick, especially for the kids. We coupled our morning at Loterie with an afternoon at Maho Beach and had a fantastic day!!

• 1 month later...
I didn't get any responses to my original post, but we just got back from our cruise on Allure - including a stop at Loterie Farm in St. Martin - and I thought I'd share our experience in case it might help someone else. We LOVED Loterie Farm - it was unanimously picked as our family's favorite cruise experience. We got off the ship around 8 the day we docked at St. Martin - got a cab and went straight to Loterie Farm. We arrived at 8:45, about 15 minutes before opening, which meant we waited around a bit but also that we beat the horde of folks doing the excursion through the cruise ship. I think our taxi was around $30 (it's about a 35-40 minute ride from the pier). We only did the Ti-Tarzan course. It's designed for kids, but all four of us - me, DH and our sons (7 and 9) did it and loved it. It was easy enough for the kids but fun enough for DH and I. The whole course took about an hour to complete, and we had our own personal guide with us the entire time (although that may have been lucky timing on our part based on when we arrived). The Ti-Tarzan course is a ropes course with 5-6 zip lines, just like the main course but close to the ground - I don't think we were ever more than maybe 10-15 feet up. It cost us $106 for all four off us to do it, and they accepted credit cards. We also tipped our guide $20 just because he was so great and patient with the kids. When we were done they called a cab for us that took about 15 minutes to arrive. We would have done the hike also but it rained pretty hard that morning and they said it would probably be too slick, especially for the kids. We coupled our morning at Loterie with an afternoon at Maho Beach and had a fantastic day!!

Thanks for the info. We are cruising in December and are also planning to go here. We are planning to zipline and then rent a poolside cabana for the rest of the day. Curious about your taxi - was that $30 total for the 4 of you one way? There will be 7-9 of us, and I'm trying to figure out the most economical way to get there. Thanks!

As a follow up, we did the full course with our kids about 5 years ago. It was a lot of fun, but rather rough for people near the hight minimum. Our son was just over the mininum height, but still had some difficulty latching his safety strap on his on a few times. I was with him the entire time to help, os it worked, but it was a little rough. I also found that I was a bit large for the course. I'm in good shape, but go about 6'6". There was quite a bit of stooping and crawling under wires that were pretty low, but it was still a lot of fun.

Archived