Cruising alone

Walking on clouds

Hi. Am cruising by myself for the first time

Am a little nervous. I have cruised many

Times before but always with someone

Am going nov 3 on the Breakawy

Anyone else?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. The more time you send at the Cruise Critic the easier it will be to maneuver this website. To meet people on your cruise you want to visit the Roll Call Section. Find your cruise line, then your ship and then the date you are sailing and just jump in and introduce yourself. Here is the link for your sailing - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1602970

Edited by lady_cruiser

Hi Solo Traveler!

Enjoy the freedom and the flexibility!

Cruises are wonderful for Solo travel as you have options to be with others, or not.

The Cruise Critic Members are always a fun group.

I have always met other people on the ship and shared excursions or Tea Time or when hanging out listening to music you seem to meet people.

Enjoy and join your Roll Call for your Cruise.

Life's to Short to not enjoy each day!

Jeanette

Glad to see you are adventurus enough to travel alone. Try a week or less to start - then you will be hooked!

I have travelled alone for 10yrs. Love it - yes, it does get a little lonely at times, but only if I do not make the effort to get out there and meet people!!

Join - look at the cruise compass (sample are often in this venue) and find out what interests you that day and go and do it.

Make arrangements to do some tours that interest you, you will also meet others that you will enjoy the tour with.

On my last cc meet and mingle, we met in Hong Kong for a drink and then dinner before the cruise!

Have kept in touch over the yrs with other travellers.

Age is not a barrier to travelling - lots of others 55& over on any ship I have been on.

If you see a person of interest sitting alone at breakfast/lunch ask if you can join them.

Go to the singles events!!

Have a ball!

I'm now at the magic 55 number and have cruised solo 6 times now. My first was Alaska and the longest was a repositioning South America to California. I too was a little concerned the first time, would I be the odd man out would I get lonely and so on.

What I have found is that I have a great time. I have met some pretty fantastic people and some I even keep in touch with to this day.

I hope you have a similar experience and just relax and let each day happen....

Anyone else?

Hello Fellow New Jersey Resident -

Though I am not going to be on your cruise - I will also be cruising solo on Nov. 10 - HA - Eurodam. Only my second cruise - last time with a relative. I am looking forward to doing what I want - when I want! Love the sun - so I can be happy just sitting, reading, & people watching. Hope you have a great time on the Breakway.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else?

Hi there, Walking On Clouds, I see you posted that you were going to be cruising by yourself for the first time and were nervous. By now you've taken your cruise on the NCL Breakaway and your fears are behind you. Let us know how it went. I'm going on the Carnival Splendor January 4, 2014, which will be my first cruise since my divorce. My daughter and her friend will be with me but I doubt two 18 year olds will want to hang with this "old" woman so I'll virtually be alone. No fears, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Go to the roll call forum then find your ship and sailing date. You will find others who will be with you on the cruise.

• 1 month later...

I hope your cruise was very nice. I am curious as well. I am treating myself to a cruise on the Norwegian Sky on January 17th. I decided to treat myself to a cruise for my 55th birthday but had no one that could go as well. This is my first cruise so I am a little leary.

If you can let me know how it went. Also, if there is anyone else that will be going on this ship, please let me know.

I hope your cruise was very nice. I am curious as well. I am treating myself to a cruise on the Norwegian Sky on January 17th. . . . This is my first cruise so I am a little leary. . . . Also, if there is anyone else that will be going on this ship, please let me know.

You may want to post in the SOLO cruisers roll call (under special interest cruising).

I'll be going on my 4th solo cruise in April. It's better than staying home and feeling frustrated 'cause your friends/family can't go for one reason or another. I've never regretted going solo.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...