Do special dietary requests incur additional fees on the Princess line?

kenny044

My husband and I are going on our first cruise this March on the Princess line. I am lactose intolerant, and I have alerted the staff about this already. They told me they could provide a milk substitute upon my request.

Would I be charged any additional fee for asking them to supply a milk substitute for me? I tried asking the person on staff in charge of such things, however he/she never answered my question.

Thank you for your help!

Edited by kenny044

• 3 weeks later...
No...nor on ANY cruiseline! Do notify them of your needs in advance of your sailing! All cruiselines have a "special needs" dept.

Not quite correct. All the major cruise lines will go to extreme lengths to satisfy just about any special diet. If we have it onboard, or can get it onboard without too much expense, or can get it onboard at all, we are happy to comply.

But then we have that certain percentage of humanity who MUST have very special and specific expensive brands of foods, or other very unusual items that ships normally do not carry. We also have those geniuses who insist that their doctors have prescribed only lobster and caviar - or some other nonsense - for the entire voyage.

To all these "special" requests we reply that we are happy to accommodate - and we quote a price for that service. In most cases, those people who just HAD to have those special items in order to stay alive decide that they are able to survive without them if they have to pay.

• 1 month later...