Belize-Excusions

Scorpiorose

We took that tour last November (me, husband and two med-twenties sons and we all loved it. There were lots of fish, aminals and birds to see on the river and our guide had a person sitting at the front of the boat scouting for her so that she could point them out for all. They said we went 20 miles up the river. We stopped at a small landing where local ladies were cooking and serving food for about $5.00 a person and ate and shopped. We had chicken, rice and beans and salad plus there were local soft drinks and beer for a small additional charge. My guys said it was the best meal of the cruise. They had some beautiful local crafts for sale also. Especially the wood carvings. We toured the ruins and climbed to the top. After the ruins we drove back on a bus and saw some of the town. I would definitely take this tour again. It is a long one and we made it back for the last tender with about 3 minutes to spare. I was glad that it was a Carnival tour so that there was no questions about them waiting for us. I don't think that I would like to be left alone in Belize.

3 minutes to spare!:eek: It says this is a 6 hour tour, wow! So the ship will wait if it's a carnival sponsored tour huh? I guess that is a plus for paying a bit more. I wonder what they do for the other 7 hour ruins tour. Thanks for the update, I appreciate it. Will they wait for you to get off the boat in the morning too. We dock at 8 and it's scheduled for 8:30! THis will be our closest excusion time wise. If you don't mind my asking....what other excusions did you do? Cozamel or Costa Maya? Thanks again:) !

We went on the same tour..up the River Wallace to the rest area and then the ruins. We took family of 5 (3 kids ages 11-18) Everyone loved it so it did seem to work for all ages. We booked this excursion through Carnival and were glad as we got back late and the ship had to wait for us. Carnival called our tour guides on their cell phone! You will love this.

Please note my link to photos...there are pics of the river and some of the ruins

Have fun..Karyn

Archived