Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines

Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals.

Write a Carnival Review

NEW! Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call

Old December 29th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapi View Post
By 2016, the Fantasy will be older than the Holiday, Jubilee and Celebration were when Carnival sold them.

The Fantasy class ships may be profitable and a sentimental favorite for many. But they are old, and increasingly outdated. If Carnival wants to keep themselves relevant and competitive, they will need to phase out the Fantasy class whether they like it or not.

And about Charleston, getting rid of the Fantasy and bringing a more modern, larger ship may be the bump that I need to sail from there.
Great points! I could see Vista replacing Fantasy in the CCL fleet, not necessarily to the same homeport though. Although the new ship could be the crowning jewel of a Charleston terminal build and agreement with the city.

And, it could make sense that they'd sell Fantasy rather than transfer to IberoCruises. Maybe IberoCruises would be a considered as a "last resort" if it doesn't sell. But that could be expensive as the ship would have to be retrofitted as were the Holiday class ships when they went over to IberoCruises.

Also, one may wonder if they'll start transitioning all of the Fantasy class ships out of the fleet? I don't recall any new builds announced yet post-Vista.

Last edited by The4Cruisers; December 29th, 2013 at 08:37 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 29th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

I wonder if they would leave the WaterWorks?