Water Island for a Day?

cruisin'sz

CaliforniaAC - No matter what you decide to do I hope you have a wonderful day in St. Thomas. It is a great place and we love sharing our beloved islands with guests for a special day or longer visit!

Thank you!

We have loved coming to St. Thomas for many years now, Truly a highlight of our trip!

AC:)

• 1 month later...

I am just learning about this little gem of a place. We will probably dock at WICO, so would have to taxi over and then catch the ferry.

Any idea how long of a taxi ride it is from WICO to Crown?

What is the ferry schedule? Is there some place I could find it online to see?

We would be there at 7am, so is it possible to make the 8am ferry?

How much is the ferry?

When I'm looking at Google Earth, I found Crown and I believe I found where Honeymoon Beach is located (around Druif Bay and Flamingo Bay?). It's stated to get off the ferry and walk up a hill for 10 minutes and then back down for 10 minutes. I assume by looking at the map that the ferry dock is not directly across from Crown if that's the case. Where is it located? Are there taxi's that will give you the ride up and down the hill instead of walking? Cost?

Are there any other beaches there that are worth trying out if it's crowded?

We are looking to come in August. Since that's not "winter" will it be less crowded? Looking at the cruise schedule, it says that we will be the only ship in port that day.

Please reread Livethelife's postings. That is very accurate.

Go to VINOW dot com and click on Water Island. It will show the ferry schedule, times it runs, and prices.

It's a relatively small beach. Super nice when no excursions are there. It's Oh -So - Nice without the excursions. A little crowded when they "invade". Some times of the year they can be there most of the day, other times it's very quiet.

We've docked before in STT from 11-7. It easy to make the 12 noon ferry.

No taxis per se. One time , there as someone at the pier representing on of the beach restaurants who would give you a ride over the hill on the back of his cart. I understand - sometimes - there are golf carts to rent, if set up in advance... I got to admit, it's quite a hill.

Check out Heidi's, a little beach restaurant who was been there making lunches and libations for years. Great food and drink.

Edited by satbeachbill

• 1 month later...

I visited WI probably 2003. It was a trip I will never forget! We will be docked in CB in September and I'm not sure if I want to go back and see it "tourist-ized". I wonder if there are any secret places to visit that are still natural?