Tortola - Baths

august1963

The Top of the Baths is a good spot and also has nice views. The Mineshaft isn's that far away (everything is close together in the Valley) and has spectacular panoramic views of the islands. We also like their signature drink, the Cave In - "It's all in the Juice, Mon!" :p

So if you're short on time the Top of the Baths is fine, if you want to add the Mineshaft that's a great spot.

http://www.mineshaftbvi.com/

There's also the Bath & Turtle Restaurant in Spanishtown that has snacks and pub-style food. They also have the Rendevous Bar right on the marina.

http://www.bathandturtle.com/location.html

But we would choose the Mineshaft if time allowed.

Enjoy!

Would we have to take a taxi to Mineshaft or is it walking distance?

Taxi, the driver that drops you at the top of the baths can advise how much time you'd need. I'd ask the driver that drops you at the baths to work with you and pick you up at a certain time to take you to the mineshaft then pick you up for the return to the ferry. Usually they charge you at the end, very reasonable rates.

• 3 months later...

Blue water,

We were planning to visit VG using the local ferry when we arrive by ship, but see that we will now be tendering.

Do you know where the tender boats dock? I am wondering if we should stick with the official tour as tendering may delay us. What do you think?

We would like to spend as much time as possible over on VG.

I'm sorry I can't help, although my understanding is you are still in the same area and the one delay would be getting to an early tender. I know when we tender in other ports folks who bought the excursions through the ship had tenders scheduled.

Do you jnow what time the ship option departs and returns?

Blue water,

We were planning to visit VG using the local ferry when we arrive by ship, but see that we will now be tendering.

Do you know where the tender boats dock? I am wondering if we should stick with the official tour as tendering may delay us. What do you think?

We would like to spend as much time as possible over on VG.

Lat time I was there and we tendered the tenders let you off within 50 meters of the ticket office for the ferry. Be aware that all of that may have changed because they are making major renovations on the dock.

• 2 weeks later...
The easiest and more stress free way to go to The Baths of Virgin Gorda is to

book an excursion through your cruise line. ;)

LuLu

Thanks OCruisers. And thank you to everyone in this thread!

We will be visiting Tortola for the first time and I am thinking of booking this excursion with NCL.

Do you you think we will have enough time to enjoy the Baths? 4½ hours seem short considering the travel time to Virgin Gorda.

Is this excursion doable with a 7 year old?

Thanks in advance!

Virgin Gorda and The Baths

Approximate Duration : 4½ hours

Take an approximately 40 minute cruise along the Sir Francis Drake Channel to Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda. Open safari buses take you on an approximately 20 minute drive through Spanish Town to The Baths for swimming in the unique atmosphere of mammoth boulders, palms, and sea caves. Travel along the trails and boulders to discover hidden caves and sea pools.