Calling all recently wed Carnival Brides/Grooms!

Hello Everyone! I am getting married in December on the Glory and I had a few questions for those who have gone through the process.

First, who do we need to tip when it comes to our ceremony and reception? (if we need to). I found on some older threads that some people did and some didn't, and some said that in our contracts it says that we already pre-pay gratuities to the wedding coordinators. Is any of this true? I just don't want to short anybody.

Second, I've read a lot of posts about giving the photographer a list of the specific pictures wanted, and I was wondering besides the typical that everyone gets for a land wedding, are there any ship pictures that would be unique to the boat (like the stack for example)? I would love some unique boat pictures that not many people have.

Third, this is for only the people who chose the sit-down luncheon, did you have table assignments? I thought I would just let people sit wherever they wanted, but past brides have mentioned that they had them or wished they did. Are they helpful if you did? I have a pretty relaxed crowd and it should be noted a little less than half of our guests (by my estimation) will be joining us for the cruise, we will probably have 55-60 guests in total.

Any advice will be more than helpful. Thank you so much in advance!

Hi Heather,

We just got married on the Miracle on July 1st. We tipped the day of coordinator, the officiant and the hostess. I think we gave them $50 each.

As for the pictures, I had my mom give him a list of family pictures that she wanted. We told him that we wanted one with the Statue of Liberty, not as many posed pic's but more candids. As for ship specific, I'm not sure that any picture that you would take would make it so. We had a bunch taken around the ship. The most dramatic was in the steak house. If you send me your email address I'd be happy to send you a few that we had taken. My email address is doopie1221 at yahoo.

We didn't have a sit down reception so I'm not sure how that one works. We chose the deluxe romance package with DJ.

Hi Heather,

We just got married on the Miracle on July 1st. We tipped the day of coordinator, the officiant and the hostess. I think we gave them $50 each.

As for the pictures, I had my mom give him a list of family pictures that she wanted. We told him that we wanted one with the Statue of Liberty, not as many posed pic's but more candids. As for ship specific, I'm not sure that any picture that you would take would make it so. We had a bunch taken around the ship. The most dramatic was in the steak house. If you send me your email address I'd be happy to send you a few that we had taken. My email address is doopie1221 at yahoo.

We didn't have a sit down reception so I'm not sure how that one works. We chose the deluxe romance package with DJ.

If possible I would love to see your pictures! I am getting married on the miracle out of LA Jan of 2014! AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Thank you....! tennis_chic_14@yahoo.com

Hi Heather,

Oh that would be great Jul! I will send you an email now! :)

Hi Ladies,

I just sent a bunch of the professional pics to you as well as some non-professional of the room set-up for the deluxe romance package in the disco.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Archived