Average Age / Price of Drinks on Pacific Dawn

Hi everyone,

I am new to cruising, and have a few questions which i'm hopeful someone may be able to answer:

1) I am planning to cruise on the Pacific Dawn in Feb 09 with my partner, and was wondering what is the average age of people on board? Are there enough young people on board similar to my age range (mid 20's)?

2) What is the average price in the bars for a glass of wine, a schooner of beer, and a spirit?

3) Are you allowed to drink alcohol in your room? If so, does it have to be room service and again what is the average price?

Thanks

T

Hi everyone,

I am new to cruising, and have a few questions which i'm hopeful someone may be able to answer:

1) I am planning to cruise on the Pacific Dawn in Feb 09 with my partner, and was wondering what is the average age of people on board? Are there enough young people on board similar to my age range (mid 20's)?

2) What is the average price in the bars for a glass of wine, a schooner of beer, and a spirit?

3) Are you allowed to drink alcohol in your room? If so, does it have to be room service and again what is the average price?

Thanks

T

Welcome to CC.

Allow for restaurant prices for your drinks. (Around $5 for a can of beer, $6 per wine glass, $8 per spirit etc)

You can certainly take a bottle of wine (full or leftover from dinner) to your cabin. I am not sure if they do the open can trick at the bar for beer though. They do not sell alcohol via room service.

What time in February. Early Feb is known to have some Uni students aboard. There will be cruisers of all ages, but at most times it is weighted a bit towards us 40s\50s\60s spending our kids inheritances.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

T

Hi T,

Firstly, you will enjoy the ship. Average age on our cruise was not overly old, but then again because we were both over 50 then maybe we didn't notice. There were plenty of younger ones on board so don't worry too much about it.

The following link shows the beverage menus from the november 07 cruise, not sure if they have changed since...

As for drinking in the room, although we never actually took any bottles of wine back it it possible to do so. Did take the odd can of beer back to finish, but you could only get them already opened. Hope this helps..

Don

Hi T

Welcome to CC.

As the others have said, you can readily take alcohol back to your cabin, but there is no room service.

My hubby & I usually cruise at this time of the year, cause it suits our business and finances. There are usually heaps of passengers your age.

This year we sailed on 27th January for 10 nights and I think from memory there were 1200 passengers (out of 2000) aged between 18 & 30.

You will have a ball.

Jenny

Archived