Upgraded on Divina!

Clar5

Has anyone ever been upgraded within Yacht Club?

i.e. from the lowest YC cabin category to a higher cabin category?

:cool:

If you're talking about the Divina YC, there are no upgrades except the two Royal Suites and they are usually booked a year in advance. All the other YC cabins are the same cabin category. There are 8 'square' cabins but they are reserved for parties of 3. These cabins are a bit larger than the rest of the YC cabins but are still the same 'category'.

If you're talking about the Divina YC, there are no upgrades except the two Royal Suites and they are usually booked a year in advance. All the other YC cabins are the same cabin category. There are 8 'square' cabins but they are reserved for parties of 3. These cabins are a bit larger than the rest of the YC cabins but are still the same 'category'.

WRONG INFO!!

There are three YC2 cabins on deck 12 (12001/12002/12004),

yc%20catagories.jpg

link to divina 's technical sheets for the above info

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-divina-technical-sheet.pdf

Pete

Edited by Skier52

WRONG INFO!!

There are three YC2 cabins on deck 12 (12001/12002/12004),

I don't know, Pete. I wouldn't consider those cabins an upgrade even tho they are more money. Yes, they're bigger but no balcony and not located in the YC area! That would be a deal breaker for me but I'm sure not for everyone else. But technically, yes, you are absolutely correct.

Thanks for the clarification. I dug out the deck plan and see what you're saying. Makes sense.

I like all these happy stories of folks getting complimentary upgrades, and of course, it sounds like MSC is right there in the upsell game as well.

I know it can be considered private info for a lot of people (but obviously not all) but I appreciate it when people tell us about what sort of deal they were offered to upsell. It helps for future considerations!

In any case, happy sailings to all!

Has anyone ever been upgraded within Yacht Club?

i.e. from the lowest YC cabin category to a higher cabin category?

:cool:

No - apparently it doesn't happen. I booked YC recently and managed to get one of the larger, square YC1 cabins. I mentioned to the MSC rep that I hoped I wouldn't be moved from it if it was needed for someone who had more than 2 people to be accommodated. She assured me that, once you have a YC cabin allocation, you will NOT be moved. I'm assuming the same goes for an upgrade.

I guess I really got lucky.. I just booked one two days ago for a December sailing! First time on MSC, I can't wait!

I don't know, Pete. I wouldn't consider those cabins an upgrade even tho they are more money. Yes, they're bigger but no balcony and not located in the YC area! That would be a deal breaker for me but I'm sure not for everyone else. But technically, yes, you are absolutely correct.

JMO. If I had the choice of a balcony in YC or a 2 room suite on deck 12 ...I would definitely go for the 2 room suite on deck 12. Check out the size compared to the Royal Suite. The balcony makes little difference to me. :)

My friend and I booked an interior cabin last week for the May 13th sailing on the Divina with guarantee cabin (sp)? Just looked at booking again (did web check in on Saturday) and saw that we got upgraded to a balcony! #13157

Its my first balcony cabin as well! So excited! But seriously, how often does this really happen. I expected oceanview but not balcony...:D:D:D

We guys are lucky ducks for sure!!!!!!! We've been upgraded from oceanview to balcony, sailing Sept 9th Divina . I'm sure it was spoil me and I will want balcony every single time now!

Wow! Lucky for you. I have resigned myself over the years to book the cabin I want because the upgrade fairy doesn't normally come to visit me. But my colleague who booked an Inside gty (as a solo and not at 200% surcharge) was assigned a balcony within 2 days of his booking. I couldn't chance it so I booked (and paid much more) for a Fantastica Balcony for me & hubby.

My daughter was upgraded from Fantastica interior guarantee to Fantastica balcony. I was upgraded from Bella interior guarantee to an enormous oversized balcony. MSC is the only cruise line I know of which upgrades guarantee cabins more often than it doesn't.

I was also on the April 29 cruise, paid for Fantastica inside and was upgraded to a balcony. I'm taking a guess here but I think since we had the Fantastica rate, the Bella had been sold out, that increased the odds of being upgraded. I'm sailing again on Sep 23, and also received the upgraded balcony.