Any benefit to booking specialty restaurant 1st night?

A&Jfamily

Sorry if this has been asked recently - the phone does not allow me to run a proper search.

Just wondering what if any benefit there is to booking a specialty restaurant the first night. I remember something last time we cruise with Princess and ended up walking into Sabatini's when ATD was 45 minute wait and my kids were starving...just not what it was!

We would be interested in doing either Share or Crown Grill on Ruby.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry if this has been asked recently - the phone does not allow me to run a proper search.

Just wondering what if any benefit there is to booking a specialty restaurant the first night. I remember something last time we cruise with Princess and ended up walking into Sabatini's when ATD was 45 minute wait and my kids were starving...just not what it was!

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No benefit to booking the first night. All passengers in full suites get the benefit of a complimentary specialty restaurant dinner on the first night. That will make for a crowd in the Crown Grill. Share probably won't be as busy as the Crown Grill.

No benefit and it may be somewhat crowded with full suite passengers. The Crown Princess has The Crown Grill and Sabatini's. It does not have SHARE. We have been using ATD for years. We have found that it is normally a little chaotic on the first evening. We usually eat in the buffet, Trident Grill, International Cafe or have some pizza the first night.

Thanks in advance!

Book Traditional Dining (TD) - no wait.

If you book traditional dining are you limited to larger tables rather than a table for 2-4?

You can get traditional dining for 2 or 4 if any of those tables are available when you sign up for it. For these, they oftentimes will have bench seating and the tables are separated or pushed together, depending on the need. Plus, there are some 2 and 4 tops that are in the other areas as well ... so, you should be able to snag one on your reservation.

No benefit and it may be somewhat crowded with full suite passengers. The Crown Princess has The Crown Grill and Sabatini's. It does not have SHARE. We have been using ATD for years. We have found that it is normally a little chaotic on the first evening. We usually eat in the buffet, Trident Grill, International Cafe or have some pizza the first night.

I believe the OP is sailing on Ruby Princess.

Book Traditional Dining (TD) - no wait.

I would but 2 of our ports are late ports and the kids hate late dining because it messes with their friends/activity/plans for the evening. So either way there is some compromise. We will probably just play it by ear; since we are flying from VA to the west coast, our schedules may be off and we will just eat first thing.