Solstice Virgin Cruise Nov 23

RMS Olympic

Any other virgins booked on this voyage?

I realize many are still booked on what was originally scheduled as the maiden voyage.

Heres hoping there a a lot of family who will yet be a virgin again....on this sailing. This ship looks like a fantastic lady.....

Hope to hear from others booked ...November 23 is approaching quickly.

• 1 month later...

Great to hear you will be on the maiden Voyage.

From what I can gather over on the Celebrity board, there are other Family cruisers on board. So maybe we can all meet for drinks. I am hoping that maybe a small group will get together for a specialty restaurant one evening.

I am getting into Ft lauderdale two nights early to get in the cruise mood...staying at the Schubert (gay resort).

I look forward to meeting the both of you.

Tom

Great to hear you will be on the maiden Voyage.

From what I can gather over on the Celebrity board, there are other Family cruisers on board. So maybe we can all meet for drinks. I am hoping that maybe a small group will get together for a specialty restaurant one evening.

I am getting into Ft lauderdale two nights early to get in the cruise mood...staying at the Schubert (gay resort).

I look forward to meeting the both of you.

Tom

By the way what is the poor farm in 2010???? Can I join you...is it like Betty Ford?

LeviJohns...I am on second seating for dinner.

I Intend to get a gathering together to try the steak restaurant during the sailing.;)

cocktails late afternoon would be fine with me.

By the way I am in cabin 6136 starboard side of the ship.

Prada.....Royal majesty...cowboy.......well why dont you sell some of the family jewels and book the cruise. I am sure there is space available even at this late date. You know you want to go......think of it as a trail run for the great crossing next year.:D

the poor farm is where you wind up when you have spent everything on your addicition ...in this case cruising.

I figured out the other day what I have spent to date on my ship addiction.......very shocking......I could have bought a Bentley cash!

So in 2010 I will have to economize and reduce sailings to a few cheap bargain basement cruises or one wow cruise.......or find a rich boy friend that can keep me going.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked........I'm from Fort Lauderdale traveling with a friend from Connecticut........we usually cruise on Norweigian so this will be a new experience......in 9106.........look forward to meeting everyone.....Rafael

Howdy Boys,

Well you've got two more to join in the fun...Stephen & Bill from Austin, Texas. We are late dinner, cabin on aft of ship, don't know much else at this point. Where do you recommend to stay before/after cruise in Ft Lauderdale?

I booked a room at the Schubert for a 2 night stay pre cruise.

This is my first time staying there but I have been told it is a nice place. The price was great and is in walking distance to dinning and shopping.

Last time I stayed at the Grand...so so place. Before that it was always at Pineapple point. Check out the Schubert...prices were very reasonable I thought.

Cocktails by the pool?

Look forward to meeting everyone on board......should be a fun cruise.

Tom aka Bertha

• 3 weeks later...

A month away...it's getting close. We ended up booking at Coconut Cove in Ft Lauderdale due to it being close to the beach. Any feedback on it would be great. Have friends that have stayed there and gave it good reviews. Other advice on what to see/do there would be nice, we'll have all day Saturday to wander around. We should set a time/place on the ship to all meet for cocktails. Would be nice to meet everyone early on. If everyone is late seating dinner maybe something around an hour before dinner?

Meeting on ship would be great, perhaps for a pre dinner drink the first night to break the ice. If the martini bar on this ship is anything like the other Celebrity ships...it will become the "family" bar very quickly. If other watering holes fit your fancy let me know.

For everyone who is in town on Sat, maybe a gathering at a local spot would be fun. I am going to ask Matt who is on these boards where to meet since he lives in Ft lauderdale......maybe some place in Wilton Manors. Now figuring out who we are looking for will be ineteresting:cool:

Tom

Hey Guys, looking forward to meeting everyone. Just wondering, does Celebrity not have a "friends of dorothy" meeting each night in one of their bars? NCL does it everynight of the the cruise at 7 PM. We usually meet everyone the first or second night this way.

I live here in Fort Lauderdale so can try and answer any questions anyone might have. Rafael

Well the ship is in town.....hope all are getting excited.

Raphael...on Sat night before the cruise.....would you suggest maybe a get together to break the ice at Georges Alibi...or are there other places in Ft lauderdale that lend itself to a meet and greet.

I am meeting my frined Mark for dinner on friday night and am going to ask him to pick a very gay dinning place....I am not sure what places are popular...any recommendations?

As for on the ship...I am on second seating, and my cabin is 6136.

Meeting in the Martini ar the first night would be great.....not sure when the Cruise critic gathering will be, but is should not be right before second seating.

On boarding , I will be wearing a white t-shirt that has Solstice on the front, and maiden voyage on the back with my cabin number.....just look for the head that is buzzed:cool:

Tom aka Bertha

I wish I were joining you guys! I'll be on the special 2 night Inaugural on the 17th for agents, so I'll give a report back. I just returned from 7 nights on Mariner of the Seas and had a great time! Weather was beautiful and had a great day especially at Orient Beach in St Maarten.

I was down in Citrus County last weekend to visit the house site. The weather was just gorgeous....now to find a boy friend in those parts. Funny , but I saw no less than three gay couples in the small Crystal River mall.....so there is apparently family in the area.

In the meantime I am trying to find a place to stay starting Jan 1 while the house is under construction. I had hoped the house would be done before the end of January...but they now tell me mid February. So trying to find an inexspensive place for 2 months is going to be a challenge.

Once I get situated we should meet for dinner in either Crystal River, Inverness or someplace on the water.

Right now I have to start concentrating on the Solstice...that cruise is coming up very quickly.

Tom

That would be great Tom. I'm looking forward to the Solstice myself also, but your lucky you will get to be there for a whole week. Too bad you weren't going to be in Ft Lauderdale/Miami while I am down that way.

I haven't been to Crystal River in years, the highlight of my trips to my parents is the Dunnellon Wal-Mart! <g>. Or I usually head to Ocala take my Mom shopping or a movie. I look forward to meeting.

Hey Tom, Hope we can all have dinner the night before the cruise. Don't go out much and when i do its to either Georgies Alibi or the Depot, they are the two non-smoking bars i know of. I am crazy busy with working so am going to be using that Saturday to get all my last minute things done. Contrary to what vistors to Fort Lauderdale think, we do work here lol..........Have you sailed with Celebrity before? I tried to make dinner reservations for the steakhouse but they were pretty much booked up. I sure hope they leave some time slots for those who board the day of the cruise. Its hard to believe its only two weeks away.... a great cruise on a brand new ship AND a new president? I'm not sure things can get better :-)

Rafael

Saturday would be great to meet. I am planning on going over to Georges Alibi...I dont think it is far from the Shubert resort I am staying at.

I was only to Georges Alibi once a long time ago and it was really crowded. Is it good for an early happy hour and then a light bite?

I hope we can meet...it would be great to do so before boarding.

I want to get in the steak house as well. As I am traveling alone I was going to wait to meet fellow passengers to dine with before making a reservation. I figure there will be cancellations for dinner, so once on board I will put my name in for a slot, or a waitlist. Perhaps we can get a family group together for dinner in one of the specialty restaurants.

As to sailing Celebrity...yes. I think you will be very happy with the experience and this sailing should be very festive. bar service is normally really good on this line and they staff has always been very gay friendly. Whether there will be any FOD scheduled gatherings remains to be seen...since it will be hectic and the normal ship routine will not have been established yet. regardless, the Martinin bar has always been the meeting place for family on the other Celebrity ships I have sailed on.

So far I have had the plaesure of sailing on the Horizon, Mercury, Summit, Millenium and Century. I prefered the small size of the Horizon, but she is now left the fleet...pity.

Hope you and your friend from Conn are getting excited.......I am.

Tomorrow I start pulling clothes out to go to the cleaners.....hope I dont over pack again. I also need to book my excursion in St Maarten...if not sold out I will do the Golden Eagle catamaran.......my usual activity in that port of call.

By the way...people work in Ft lauderdale? I thought it was gym, Las Olas shopping. lunch, sunning by the pool, happy hour, clubbing, beauty sleep, repeat. Where does anyone find the time to work? Or is the gym and shopping considered work?:D If so I am soooo jealous.

Oh to be gorgeous, rich, and loved by all:p

Look forward to meeting you.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hola Tom and all other virgins (?),

Ok, only 5 days to go. Have not done crap to get ready. Saturday is going to be crazy scramblling. We'll figure something out for dinner if your still up for it. Georgies is about 2 or 3 miles from the Schubert. Schuberts is not on the beach but you cant get a more centeral location. Mall, movies, restaurants, wilton manors, Target........you know you are going to forget something and have to run there........Ok hope everyone has a safe trip........... Rafael

Saturday ...Georges Alibi would be great. I hope that everyone on the Solstice inaugural cruise can make it to break the ice so to speak.

Just let me know what the best time is to get there and how people should identify themselves.

Maybe other RSVP/ Atlantis people in the area will join in. Anyone sailing the Eurodam in Feb interested in meeting this Sat evening?

I just hope the temperature in Ft lauderdale is warm this weekend.

Tom aka Bertha.

Flew over the Solstice......very striking lady.

For those that I do not get to meet here in town before sailing...hope to meet you all t the cruise Critic sailaway gathering...I think its at the Sunset bar out on deck.

I will have on a T-shirt that has Solstice on the front, Maiden voyage and my cabin numbr on the back....this way i dont get lost:p

Tom aka Bertha

Archived