Hotels in Galveston

synner69

Traveling out of Galveston next May. Can anyone suggest at hotel to stay at wither it's in Houston or Galveston with transportation to the port?

We just flew in to IAH and took a one way car rental from Enterprise - stayed the night at Country Inn and Suites (hotel dot com) - dropped luggage at the port in the AM, returned the car (Galveston) and took a cab to the pier - took Galveston Express back to IAH at disembarkation -

After months of research it was the best choice for us.

• 4 weeks later...
Traveling out of Galveston next May. Can anyone suggest at hotel to stay at wither it's in Houston or Galveston with transportation to the port?

IN GVS, the Galvez (on the beach) or Tremont (near the terminal) both expensive.

We just flew in to IAH and took a one way car rental from Enterprise - stayed the night at Country Inn and Suites (hotel dot com) - dropped luggage at the port in the AM, returned the car (Galveston) and took a cab to the pier - took Galveston Express back to IAH at disembarkation -

I just booked a room at the Country Inn and Suites for the night before our cruise in February. I was wondering if there are restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We won't have a car so I'm hoping we can walk somewhere for dinner.

We're doing our first cruise out of Galveston in quite awhile... it was definitely pre-hurricane the last time we sailed from there.

What I've noticed is the hotel prices are WAY higher than they had been previously! We've stayed at a couple of different places and really liked Harbor House the best -- but they too have gone up since our last stay there.

I always love driving the port a day or two early when we sail from Galveston, but we're now reconsidering that. May do the PL thing and take our chances with a one night pre-cruise instead.

Ann