ROLL CALL - Mediterranea - 4/3/05

Ms.Bee

Hello Fellow Cruisers, Ms. Bee here........

Thought it was time to post a thread to see who will be joining us on our lovely cruise on the Mediterranea on April 3rd. So, if you care to, please join in.

This is our 1st Cruise on Costa and we are sure to have "The time of our lives".

Buon Giorno, Ms. Bee:) :)

Hi Ms. Bee. My husband and I (28 and 37) are contemplating this cruise. We live in Charleston, SC and have been on 8 cruises but never with Costa. We love art and European flair so we think we would enjoy Costa. With all the reviews I've read it seems cruisers either Love or Hate Costa...nothing in between.

Once we've decided I will be sure to let you know.

Crystal

Hello Ms.Bee,

My name is Desiree and my future husband's name is Matthew! We are currently booked for the April 3rd cruise! It will be the first cruise for the both of us. It is actually going to be our honeymoon! We are looking forward to a true Italian experience! My fiance lived in Italy for several years and has prepared me that real Italian and Italian American are two different things.With me being Italian and never having been to Italy this my way of experiencing both worlds! We have a few excursions booked already and are very excited! I live in Greenville, South Carolina and I'm already looking forward to leaving here and can't wait to see all that Costa has to offer!

Hello to Crystal and Desiree from Ms. Bee.......

Crystal, hope you will be joining us on our cruise. We have never cruised Costa, but we also enjoy art and meeting Europeans whenever possible. We selected the cruise because we thought the value was good and the Ports of Call were ones we thought we would enjoy. So, if you do book the cruise, we will be looking forward to hearing from you again!

Welcome to Desiree and her Fiance.........Congratulations!!! How wonderful that we will have honeymooners on our cruise! You have our best wishes for a beautiful wedding day.

My husband has been to Italy a number of times, on business. He loves to go to Italy........I long to go with him some day. I have had the chance to meet some of his Italian friends, they are very kind and warm people. I'm sure that you agree seeing you are about to marry one!

We have been on 4 cruises (my hubby and I - The BEES), all of them on the Norweigian Cruise Line, 3 on the S.S. Norway and 1 on the Star in Hawaii. We had a wonderful time on all of them. How could you not enjoy yourself out on the high seas? This will certainly be a change for us on the Costa Line. It sounds like she is a beautiful ship. We will have a good time I'm sure!!

We are from Erie, Pennsylvania. The winters here are long and cold! We are sooooo ready for the warmth of Florida and the Caribbean!!! We have 3 other people traveling with us, my sister and her hubby, from Erie also, and a good friend from West Virginia. You said you were from Greenville, S.C. Well, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law live in your city. They moved there from Erie a couple of years ago.

So, lets see if anyone else is out there who will be on our lovely cruise.....

For now........Ciao, from the Bees (Darrel and Denise)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. My boyfriend (31) and I (26) will be on this cruise also. Just booked today. Couldn't pass up the great rates. This is my first cruise and his 4th or 5th but he's never been on a Costa cruise before. I'm hoping we'll love it as this is our first vacation together. We live in Atlanta so the winters aren't too bad but regardless I am ready to go!!!:D

Welcome Ms Nikki to our thread.......Ms Bee here

Funniest thing, Desiree had asked where we were and I was just about to bump-up the Roll Call when you posted!! So glad you will be joining us on our lovely cruise. I have read some great reviews about the Mediterranea. If you have never been on a cruise get ready for the time of your life!!

I think I have counted about 43 days till we see our Mediterranea.....time will fly quickly now.......

anyone else out there care to join in our thread??

Soon to be cruisin the high seas, Ciao, Ms. Bee:)

Hi everyone!

I was beginning to think there was only three of us on the ship, glad to see you with us msnikki. I am also 26 and was hoping there would be some more people closer to my age onboard. I'm getting very excited abouth the trip. It will be a great stress reliever after all this planning for the wedding. Come on April !!!!

You can keep Atlanta, I love the city but hate driving in it. Greenville is close enough if I feel the urge to get to some real nightlife. Well I hope to meet all of you on the ship soon enough. Bye.

:) Hi Ms Bee - looking forward to a great time my husband, me and my brother and sister in law are booked for 4/3. Can't wait!!! This is our first time with Costa just came off the Navigator in October. Sailed with Celebrity several times also I sailed on Carnival once:p (I was single it was great, but wouldn't sail on Carnival with the hubby). Keep fingers crossed for smooth sea's and lots of sunshine!!! See you on board.:D

Hi Guys!

My husband and I will be on this sailing also!! We are so excited - 1st timers on Costa. It would be great to meet everyone on board. I am 44 and my husband is 51. Going on our 19th cruise and only 4th without our 20 and 21 year olds

wannacruz

Hi again fellow cruisers from Ms. Bee.......

Wow!!!! Two new additions to our Mediterranea 4/3 thread!!! At this point, I have counted 15 cruisers associated with this thread. Sound right?? The group is growing and is sure to be alot larger by cruise time!!

Welcome Kimtursiella and Wannacruz to our lively discussions!! Glad to "HAVE YOU ON BOARD" with us now and on April 3rd!! It is snowing again now on the shores of Lake Erie and it has been bitter cold the last couple days. The shores of Ft. Lauderdale will be a welcome change for us!

Kimtursiella, similar to you, I am also traveling with my hubby, my sister and brother in law. We also have with us a good friend from West Virginia. This too is our first on Costa. What Cruise Line is the Navigator with and where did you sail? Don't worry, we will keep our fingers crossed for smooth sea's and lots of sunshine.........welcome Kimtursiella

Wannacruz, Wow....you have 19 cruises under your belt!! We only have 5 and have had a wonderful time on each one. Would not trade these lovely sea days for anything....... We have two sons, 23 and 26, they will not be with us. Sounds like most of us are first timers on Costa and yes, it would be great to meet everyone on board! As time goes by maybe we can make plans to meet everyone for a drink and put a face with all of our posters. We did this on our Hawaiian cruise and it proved to be alot of fun just to meet everyone, we had alot of laughs.......after all, we will have two newlyweds to toast to on board!!!...........welcome Wannacruz

I have it at 41 days now until we can say Buon Giorno on the shores of Ft. Lauderdale.........as for now, Ciao, Ms.Bee:)

Hi Ms. Bee!

Your kids are about the same age as mine. We are really excited about the cruise!! I read that you are getting a snow storm tonight. We are expecting 5-9 inches in Connecticut. We can't wait to escape this nasty weather! I hope we can get a few people together to meet for a drink. It would be nice to see the face behind the name!! Not much longer............

wannacruz

We will be on the April 3 cruise with you. We are staying April 2, at the Sheraton Airport Hotel, will anyone else be there?

Living in Lake Placid we always fly the day before a cruise for fear of being snowbound, yes, even in April.

The joys of cruising, a little rum, a little sun, a little fun! This coming cruise will be our sixth on Costa, we love the Costa cruise line and know all first time cruisers on the Mediterranea will end up loving cruising Italian Style.

Ed and Rae

Hi All........Ms. Bee here again.....

I was just checking the boards again and saw that we had two more join our thread!! I think that makes 17 now.

Welcome to Ed and Rae (Hei1980), as you can see you won't be lonely! So glad to have you join in and it's great to have previous Costa cruisers with us now. I'm glad to hear how much you enjoy Costa, I have thought all along that we were in for a great experience on the Italian Cruise Line. We will also be in Ft. Lauderdale on April 2nd, but not staying at the Sheraton. Like you say, even in April you can't trust the weather in our regions. It's better to fly a day ahead and that way you are much more rested for the big day! Welcome again......

Wannacruiz, hi again....

Yes, we are getting quite a lot of snow tonight, but like you, we are used to alot of snow..........can't wait for the warmth to come! I'm sure we can get the group together for a drink. We can wait till the time gets closer and then make the plan. That way we will know who all is on BOARD!! Yes........this will fun! Hang in there.....even though the snow is cold, it sure looks pretty tonight and won't be long now till we see our ship. Ciao now, Ms. Bee:)

Hi wannacruz - My husband and I are in the same age range as you. We have 3 kids which have never cruised with us! They think all kids on cruises are the workers:D . We will probably take all three next year when our oldest graduates from college. This should be a great time see you on board!

Hello desiree.........

Guess what????? We had a nice surprise today. Our documents came in!!!! My sister and I did go pick them up but we have not had a chance to look them over yet. We were surprised that they came so early. It could of been that we did our own airfare and did not go with the cruise line??? Wonder if any other of our group got theirs yet?

I bet you are sooooo busy with your wedding plans! It will be such a lovely honeymoon to be cruisin the Caribbean. You must be so excited!

Well, 40 days and counting till Bon Voyage!!! Buona Notte, Ms. Bee:)

Hi Kimtursiella,

We are going to have a great time! My husband and I are Italian and are looking forward to the "Italian Flair" of this cruiseline and the warmth of the Caribbean sun! We are expecting more snow this week in Connecticut. The next 40 days better go by quick before I'm buried in all this white stuff!!

wannacruz

I am soooo ready to get on that ship...almost as ready to get married :)

We are both really looking to foward to the toga party. Matthew was such a party animal when he was unattached...maybe I'll let him cut loose a little onboard. see you real soon!!

Ha! Desiree! I can give you that advice now...don't have kids til your at least 30 ;) We have 3 - 6, 7, & 8. They'll be staying with Grammy!

Anyone know of a hotel where you can leave your car for the week...such as the Raddison near Port Canaveral?

We'll be staying somewhere on April 2nd...driving down 9 hours!

Hello and welcome chasholly to our ever-growing group........

Congratulations on your 10th year anniversary. Sounds like you have your hands full with your 3 kids! I think our ship will be a provide a wonderful get-away for you and your hubby!!

Well cruisers, our numbers have grown to 19 now in our thread...that's great!

Time flying now.......38 days away!!!! Ciao, Ms. Bee

Hello Ms. Bee-

My husband and I along with our 2 sons (4 & 9) will be joining you on this cruise! We are very excited, although as with others we were concerned with some of the reviews we saw. It seems however that most of the negatives are from 2003 and early 2004. Everything I've read recently is fabulous. This will be our 4th cruise and our first with Costa. As you I am counting the days, simply cannot wait til April 3rd.

Archived