Tell me about Playa Palancar

michelle028

Hi everyone,

i have been hearing this name on a few threads. Those who have been, how was beach? do they have any facilities there? We are 4 adults so no need for water toys etc. Just want to swim at a nice beach.

Please tell me about chair rentals and entrance fee if any?

Finally, how much is a cab for 4 of us one way?:confused:

I have been to Palancar several times and always return. The taxi is $20 for 4 people from the Puerta Maya pier and takes about 15 minutes. There are always taxis to take you back when you are ready. Last time I was there about 10 months ago, there was no entrance fee and no cost to use the chairs. I think you could pay for a table or chairs that had tops on them but we never did because there are plenty of places to sit in the shade for no cost. Full bar and restaurant but you are not required to eat there but we always do and the food is great and the alcoholic drinks are LOADED so be careful :D No water toys to speak of and not much to do except relax in the water or the sun. I've never seen more than 30 or 40 people there. Very secluded and away from the other beaches. If you go to Cozumel Insider website they have coupons for Coz including one for 10% off food/drink at Palancar.

Nice place with plenty of free chairs and hammocks. The shore has some rocks and shells but there is alot of sand. The sevice, food, and drinks are good and taxis are no problem. It makes for a nice lazy day.

We were there with 7 or 8 ships in port. Most of the people showed up around 10:00 and left about 2:00. We got there early and stayed late.;)

Archived