Which new destinations would you like?

Presto2

I'd take a cruise that had an excursion to Cardiff and the Doctor Who experience...

We recently cruised out of Amsterdam. Instead of flying direct from Australia. We had to fly to London so we could do a quick side trip to Cardiff. The main reason was the Doctor Who Experience. My daughter is a huge fan. It's now 3 times that she has been to see it and is already planning the next visit. It's a long way to fly just for that but I agree a cruise from Cardiff would be fab. Then our relatives from Wales would join us again on a cruise like the last one. Which proved to be great fun having them along.

P1011954-1.jpg.80e3df0cd4d41094ddfa679a7628ca38.jpg

596120628_doctorwho-1-1.jpg.2e0461e5e393a84a9ffe3b1071590416.jpg

2051958589_drwho-2-2.jpg.f4e92359dff963ad3f7d334a4a8c6a12.jpg

We recently cruised out of Amsterdam. Instead of flying direct from Australia. We had to fly to London so we could do a quick side trip to Cardiff. The main reason was the Doctor Who Experience. My daughter is a huge fan. It's now 3 times that she has been to see it and is already planning the next visit. It's a long way to fly just for that but I agree a cruise from Cardiff would be fab. Then our relatives from Wales would join us again on a cruise like the last one. Which proved to be great fun having them along.

Love the fez.... fezzes are cool! I really toyed with the idea of trying to get tix for the 50th, but alas.... it is the same weekend as Thanksgiving in the US - darned those Brits - having an anniversary on Thanksgiving:-)

• 11 months later...

Just noticed that this thread has been resurrected. Can't believe it is 12 months since it began !

Anyway, a year on we're hoping that they let the Eclipse do something more exciting or different from Southampton during the Summer school holidays. Like P&O they seem to keep doing the same old Western Med and Fjords. Canary Islands? Longer cruises into Greece / Eastern Med. ?

Some of these requests have been done in the past, and for whatever reason, did not work. For example, cruises from/to Charleston. Were done in 2010 and 2011. Cruises later in Europe. TAs in December. Done until 2012 with TAs coming late November and early December.

Plus, with the focus on the much bigger ships in the S class, load factors that could be supported by a C class (or even Horizon/Zenith further in the past) wouldn't work now.

Have just come back from a fabulous cruise to the Eastern Med and Greek Islands on the "Beautiful Celebrity Silhouette" (as they say!) :)

While on board we were thinking that it would be great if, instead of the same itineraries that many cruisers have tried before, that they tried something slightly different. Nothing major - just something in the same area that would be new to people who have been before.

We thought that it would be great if they considered sailing from Athens to give us the chance to do a few nights there pre / post sailing and then a cruise that would touch on various ports in Turkey and not just Kusadasi. (There are places like PamukLale Cotton Castles, Marmaris, Fethiye, Olu Deniz, Troy and Side to see etc etc)

This could also include a stop over in Cyprus which is a beautiful island with so many places of interest.

Another one is the Canary Islands - no other cruise lines does this in the August months --- the Eclipse tends to do the same itineraries as P&O in the Summer --- why not try something new?

Just wondering if anyone else has any more ideas of other places that Celebrity could add to their cruise itineraries - perhaps not for now but, say in 2015.

:)

Would love & would book immediately Portugal, Gibraltar,Spain during the Spring -summer session (April=Aug) and not just one cruise on 8/30/15-

Would love 2 day stays in ports so we could sample the night life

Carole

We greatly enjoyed our Rome-Istanbul-Rome cruise in 2011 and are very excited about our Venice-Rome Adriatic one next month. However, I think that the Western Med ports are neglected by Celebrity. I would like to see a cruise from Barcelona including ports such as Valencia, Malaga, Ibiza, Palma, Corsica, Sardinia, Marseille, Nice, and Genoa.

I so agree. Let me know when you book- we can go together :)

Carole

Would love & would book immediately Portugal, Gibraltar,Spain during the Spring -summer session (April=Aug) and not just one cruise on 8/30/15-

Would love 2 day stays in ports so we could sample the night life

Carole

We're on a cruise next July / August which covers Vigo, Lisbon, Cadiz, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Madeira 2 days from Southampton. This time we are on the new P&O ship, Britannia - for once P&O beat Celebrity on itinerary! :)

Anything out of the east coast or the Great Lakes. It is closer to home and I can drive to the port instead of flying in the cattle cars.

I go many for the cruise experience and the destination is just a bonus.

Can cruise ships (especially the larger ones) fit through the Welland Canal ??

In the Cruise Industry, the Great Lakes is a great untapped region...

Problem isn't just the Welland Canal & Locks it is pretty much everything West of Montreal.

The St Lawrence River thru the 1000 Islands has a very shallow draft (approx 25 feet).

The Lakers that do run thru this region are long & fairly flat bottomed. And even on occasion they've been known to run aground (and this happens despite the fact that the Great Lakes-St Lawrence Seaway sees them operated with a local Professional Pilot aboard)

Would love to see a cruise line operate in Canada... but I think that chances are slim because there are no ships that have the configuration to do so successfully... sea worthy like an Ocean Going Cruise Ship for the Atlantic & Great Lakes, but also flat like a River Cruise Ship for the St Lawrence River thru the 1000 Islands... Plus be large enough to accommodate a lot of Pax to keep prices realistic.

There are a few lines that have tried... And a few that focus on one area or the other, but costs of cruising with them very expensive when one considers that almost all of the terrain (except for the most Eastern portion of The St Lawrence River towards Labrador) can be paralleled by car.

Still a great dream tho,

Cheers!

Ps... Best deal ? Get oneself on a Laker as a Pax. Not terribly expensive, and a once in a lifetime experience. Mind you, not much in the way of amenities. Still I would do it.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I keep hoping for a northern route transatlantic including iceland, greenland, etc.

I did this on Princess in Sept, 2010. Went from Southampton, England to NYC, with ports of Falmouth, Eng; Dublin, Ireland; Belfast, N. Ireland; Iceland; Greenland; and St. John's, Newfoundland. We missed Belfast and Iceland because of high winds. The seas were very rough everyday in the North Atlantic - I won't be doing that route again.

I would love to see Celebrity return to a Long Beach-Hawaii (R/T) itinerary once again. We've cruised that quite a few times, and loved it.

Actually anything that originates in California would be perfect. We always have to fly either cross-country or to Europe to our embarkations. It would be great to travel closer to home once in awhile.

Azamara has an itinerary with Charleston.

RCCL has a fantastic repo cruise next October 2015, Quebec to FLL, 14 nights.

Visits to Canada, New England, and Charleston.

Snowbird migration cruise on Serenade of the Seas.

I also loved the West Coast cruise on Centruy last year but now she is being sold.:(

As one of the posters above mentioned, if you become totally "loyal" to only Celebrity, you will be missing so many great itineraries! Princess has many of the cruises and destinations that people on this thread have said they'd like to do. I'm sure others do too.

If Celebrity (or any cruiseline) does not provide the travel experiences you wish to have, then go to another cruiseline that does. I can't imagine going to the same old places over and over instead of venturing to new places just because of "loyalty" to one line.

Since this thread was started last year, Celebrity has done an admirable job of introducing some new ports and itineraries. They are more limited by having larger ships, but managed to come out with a slightly more interesting collection of cruises for 2015. I love seeing things like overnight calls at Mykonos and Ibiza, and a sizable slate of maiden calls. Having said that, while we prefer Celebrity, we take advantage of sailing different cruise lines for the varying itineraries. People who get too sucked into loyalty to one brand really miss out. Anyone see the Northwest Passage cruise from Anchorage to NYC on Crystal? Pretty amazing if you can take a month off and shell out $50,000 =)

Michael

Edited by TxnAquarian

I would love to see Celebrity return to a Long Beach-Hawaii (R/T) itinerary once again. We've cruised that quite a few times, and loved it.

Actually anything that originates in California would be perfect. We always have to fly either cross-country or to Europe to our embarkations. It would be great to travel closer to home once in awhile.

I agree with you. I won't fly to Vancouver to go to Hawaii. I also think the LA to San Francisco is a nice little cruise. I would do it often.

Would love to see some X cruises out of Baltimore. The only ship I know of sailing out of there is Grandeur of the Seas. The way things are now makes it difficult for those of us in Virginia, NC, And SC because we have to travel to South Florida, New Jersey or New York to get a decent cruise.

I keep looking for a Transatlantic that goes to Iceland, Greenland, Norway.

Did one on Ocean Princess from New york to Nova Scotia,nfld,up to Icelandgreenland,norway .scotland to finish in England ...amazing cruise ...

Icebergs were awesome ...not cheap but wonderful on a small ship

More sailings out of Vancouver (preferably return) to anywhere but Alaska. I know this is not going to happen but we are getting to look like sardines too from all the necessary flying.

All west coast cruises are beginning to look better. The flights to Florida are now higher. Although I was booked on another promotion, I think the 600 airfare is going to make me happier if offered in the future than a drink package.