Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > P&O Cruises ( UK )

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

P&O Cruises ( UK ) - Company Profile & Ship Reviews

Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Baltic Cruises

I'm thinking of the Baltic for my next cruise, probably on Adonia which is my favourite P&O ship (so far!)

It seems that Adonia is going to the Baltic 5 times this year (each time for 16 days). Is that usual or are they going more than normal?
I am a bit restricted as to when i can go but don't want to book yet - - and just wondered if they will have difficulty filling all 5 cruises

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

We went to the Baltic last year on Adonia. The big advantage of a small ship was that we went through the Kiel Canal both ways and in St Petersburg we moored on the river not far from the Hermitage whereas larger ships have to go to the new cruise terminal which is well outside the city.
Brian

Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:20 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianI View Post
We went to the Baltic last year on Adonia. The big advantage of a small ship was that we went through the Kiel Canal both ways and in St Petersburg we moored on the river not far from the Hermitage whereas larger ships have to go to the new cruise terminal which is well outside the city.
Brian
That sounds good - St Peterburg is the big attraction for me but I think it would be interesting to go through the Kiel Canal - was having a look on googlemaps at it. the cruise I am looking at goes through one way only (on the way back).