Breakfast the last day

cruizze12

Times, location and menu vary depending on ship. Who are you sailing with?

Regardless, yes, there will be food the last day. It may or may not be exactly the same as what you've had the previous days onboard.

generally speaking, it starts and ends earlier.. like instead of 7-9 it may run 630-8.

depending on the cabin category you have there may be a separate waiting area for you to wait before debarking which will have juice and pastries.

It is usually more crowded too -- probably because everyone wants that last breakfast, and all at just about the same time. We usually drive, and are in no hurry to get off the ship, so we eat the final breakfast in the dining room (MDR).

Breakfast on the last morning is more hectic than lunch on the day you board. Don't expect to have a leisurely, relaxing breakfast. People will have shopping bags. They will be dragging rolling bags through all areas. Elevators will be bursting at the seams with people and their luggage and all the things they've accumulated during the cruise. Some dining options will not be available on the last morning and the hours will be different so be sure to check your information left in your cabin the previous evening. It's sad, but not matter how much you try to avoid it, the cruise ends and they will force you to leave the ship. Believe me, I've tried to avoid it and they've found me every time. :(

A better place to ask this question and find out what and when and where you can have breakfast is on the RCI board.

Why bother? It's probably the same as every other line.

To the OP: Yes you can get breakfast on board before disembarking. Like everyone else, you will be a homeless person after you leave your cabin, hauling your stuff with you.

Best advice: if you're a morning person, get up lickety split and grab a pretty decent breakfast in the buffet. If you 're a late riser, forget it, the buffet will be crammed. Try to get brekkie in the airport before your plane gets revvin'.

Breakfast on the last morning is more hectic than lunch on the day you board. Don't expect to have a leisurely, relaxing breakfast. People will have shopping bags. They will be dragging rolling bags through all areas. Elevators will be bursting at the seams with people and their luggage and all the things they've accumulated during the cruise. Some dining options will not be available on the last morning and the hours will be different so be sure to check your information left in your cabin the previous evening. It's sad, but not matter how much you try to avoid it, the cruise ends and they will force you to leave the ship. Believe me, I've tried to avoid it and they've found me every time. :(

Are you not allowed to return to your cabin after breakfast and before disembarking? I'd like to leave the bags in the cabin (during that apparent madness), and brush my teeth before heading towards the airport.

(First cruise in a couple weeks!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Are you not allowed to return to your cabin after breakfast and before disembarking? I'd like to leave the bags in the cabin (during that apparent madness), and brush my teeth before heading towards the airport.

As soon as all of you leave your cabin on disembarkation morning your cabin steward will let himself in and begin preparations for the next passengers. Even if just one of you leaves at the crack of dawn to run up to the lido to bring back coffees he will be checking to see if all have left. While you are at breakfast your steward will be stripping the bed and deep cleaning the bathroom--most likely with your cabin door propped open. So the only way it is safe to leave your carry ons in the cabin is to find your steward and promise him you will be back for your bags before the time listed in the disembarkation info that you must vacate your cabin by (usually 8:00 or 8:30 at the latest). On one cruise a few years ago I was in the dining room for breakfast when it opened at 6:30 so I was able to get back to the cabin, shower and leave by 8:00--after letting my steward know that that was my plan.

RCI typically would like you out of your stateroom by about 8:00 (and off the ship usually by 9:00 - 9:30). We have always gone to breakfast earlier than that and returned to the room and are out by then. We have not had our stateroom stripped down prior to that in our experience nor have had to prop open the door. But returning to your room is fine as your SeaPass card is still active until you swipe it the last time through security as you disembark.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I see that you are on the Oosterdam

HAL permits all passengers to remain in their cabins until their color and number are called for disembarkation.

We always leave all our carry-on items in the cabin while we go to breakfast.

Then we just wait in the room for the wheelchair to come and get me.

Sometimes the cabin stewards will come in and strip the bed down and make up the new one while we are still there.

Why bother? It's probably the same as every other line.

To the OP: Yes you can get breakfast on board before disembarking. Like everyone else, you will be a homeless person after you leave your cabin, hauling your stuff with you.

Best advice: if you're a morning person, get up lickety split and grab a pretty decent breakfast in the buffet. If you 're a late riser, forget it, the buffet will be crammed. Try to get brekkie in the airport before your plane gets revvin'.

But the options for breakfast and what is available can vary by cruise line.

Bottom line: Yes, there will be breakfast, but the details of exactly what, where, and what time, are all specific to each cruise line. Best to find out from your cruise line or post more specific questions in the forums.

I definitely remember it being the most depressing meal of the entire cruise! Luckily I'll be starting another cruise in a couple of weeks :)

Edited by GreyingJay