yellow fever vaccination for tahiti and bora bora

sue-cosh

Wonder if anyone can help. We are travelling from Valparaiso with ports of call in tahiti and bora bora. Although a yellow fever vaccination is not required for travel from Chile we are visiting Buenos Airies before embarking on the cruise and French Polynesia states a yellow fever certificate is required if visited a country at risk from yellow fever. We are not travelling anywhere near the area at risk but would be grateful if anyone can tell me how thoroughly their passports were checked in French Polynesia, and if a certificate is definitely required

Wonder if anyone can help. We are travelling from Valparaiso with ports of call in tahiti and bora bora. Although a yellow fever vaccination is not required for travel from Chile we are visiting Buenos Airies before embarking on the cruise and French Polynesia states a yellow fever certificate is required if visited a country at risk from yellow fever. We are not travelling anywhere near the area at risk but would be grateful if anyone can tell me how thoroughly their passports were checked in French Polynesia, and if a certificate is definitely required

I think you will find they can see every country you have visited on their screen. They may ask you just to see if you answer honestly. Better to be sure than sorry - get the vaccination.