Carambola Beach Club without a Reservation

BOOKWYRM

Does it pay to go to Carambola Beach Club without a chair reservation? We were told reservations are closed for our day. I researched that 1 other ship will be in port that day. They arrive at 8:00am while we don't dock until 11:00 am. We don't want to get there and not be able to rent a chair. Not really sure what to do so any suggestions would be great

Does it pay to go to Carambola Beach Club without a chair reservation? We were told reservations are closed for our day. I researched that 1 other ship will be in port that day. They arrive at 8:00am while we don't dock until 11:00 am. We don't want to get there and not be able to rent a chair. Not really sure what to do so any suggestions would be great

No doubt cruise herds will do their usual thing, just turn up and walk past reception and take any empty beds they see free. Enabling security to spring into action and eject.

Do the decent thing, make a polite special request here

http://www.carambolabeachclub.com/contact/

I know Daislyn will do everything possible for a guest following the protocol.

Good luck.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Made our first visit to Carambola two years ago (going again in less than 10 days), can't wait. I had a reservation the first time for myself, wife and DD but the rest of our group (10 others) did not make a reservation. We were all accommodated no problem at all. That said; it truly depends on how many reservations they've taken and how early/late you arrive.

Hi

Their web site says it is closed on Tuesdays. Does anyone know if only the restaurant is closed on Tuesdays or is it the beach access/chairs/facilities also closed. I emailed the web site a few days ago and have not received a response.

IMO, for us, it does not pay to go to Carambola without a reservation for loungers and an umbrella, since DH needs to be in the shade. Been to Carambola many times, only ship in port each time and by 11 am all chairs were occupied. You can always just sit on your beach towel at the beach at Carambola.

Another suggestion, a bit more costly, would be the Marriott. We were there for the first time last week, for the day, had no advance reservation and paid $35 pp. Enjoyed it so much, going back to the Marriott in March for the day, taxi cost was approx. $5 pp. No problem getting a taxi to return to the port.