Name of bar on beach

uncleg

I have only been to GT twice and it is one of my favorite places. The first time I was there I went left from the pier and walked past all the "touristy" places to a little bar with a beer bottle shaped sign, I think it said "Beer of a dollar or two". It also had a grill located behind it were you could get Conk fritters. Anybody know what this place is called? and if it is still there?

My last trip I was with friends and we spent the day at at Mville, I just looking for a bit more low key this trip.

Jack's Shack is a great local bar just a short walk up the Beach from Buffet's place. GT is one of our favorite beach days

But Jack's doesn't sell Beers for a buck or 2.

All of the places between MV and Jack's have gone through ownership changes over the years. So what you recall may not be there now. Easiest thing to do is to just walk along the strip and stop at where you want.

Sounds like what used to be Local Village (I think that was the name). They DID have awesome cracked conch and cheap beer! We loved the second half of our day there and wished we would not have gone past it to start with. Would have saved us time and lots of money.

But, as others have said, It's gone through a few owners since then and not sure if it's open as anything now.

In January, we plan to get a ride to town for lunch (conch of course) and then head back and relax at one of the local beach bars that may be available. Playing that by ear, as what's there now may not be in January! :)

In January, we plan to get a ride to town for lunch (conch of course) and then head back and relax at one of the local beach bars that may be available. Playing that by ear, as what's there now may not be in January! :)

When in January are you there? I'll be on the Carnival Vista and we're in port on the 16th. I'm hoping to head to John's Ocean view up at the north end of town. But if you want a nice deck to sit on, good food and great service, the two sister's and the Sandbar will provide.