Reciprocity fee for Chile

greykangaroo

Could someone please verify if Australians still need to pay a reciprocity fee when arriving in Chile by a cruise liner?

In reading what there is to read on the subject and asking our travel agent everyone seems to think that the fee for Australians has been recently waved and now only has to be paid if arriving in Chile at the international airport.

OK thanks guys. It appears that the fee has been recently waved for Australians and Canadians, but the US still has to pay it.

I believe that the U.S. does not have to pay it, but the Canadians and Australians still do.

Could someone please verify if Australians still need to pay a reciprocity fee when arriving in Chile by a cruise liner?

In reading what there is to read on the subject and asking our travel agent everyone seems to think that the fee for Australians has been recently waved and now only has to be paid if arriving in Chile at the international airport.

Hi we are going on the NCL Sun in January 2017 and have received an email from ncl that clearly states Australians arriving in Argentina by air or ship must paY the reciprocity, but no mention of Chile. My travel agent has already assisted with that fee. She has said there are No other visas or fee required but will check again closer to our departure. Jennifer

I think some posters are getting the instructions for the Chilean and Argentinean reciprocity fees mixed up.

I just printed my travel summaries for 2 Princess cruises this December (LA to Valparaiso and Valparaiso to Rio).

Chile Reciprocity Fee (I added the highlights):

Please review the following information regarding the reciprocity fee applicable to Australian, Mexican and Albanian passport holders
entering Chile through Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, Santiago
:

• Australian citizens: USD $95 per person - fee valid for 3 months

• Mexican citizens: USD $23 per person - fee valid for 3 months

• Albanian citizens: USD $30 per person - fee valid for 3 months

The fee will be collected directly at the immigration office at the airport and may be paid with cash (US dollars) or credit card (Visa and American Express). Please note that the reciprocity fee may not be pre-paid and is subject to change.

Argentina Reciprocity Fee

Canadian and Australian passport holders visiting Argentina are required to pay a reciprocity fee online at
This fee mus be paid by credit card prior to your cruise and is required regardless of whether you chose to remain onboard or go ashore. The reciprocity fee amounts are as follows:

• Canada - USD $92 per person valid for multiple entries for 10 years

• Australia - USD $110 per person valid for multiple entries for 1 year

Once paid, print and bring the electronic ticket with you to cruise check-in. Please not the ticket reads "TASA DE RECIPROCIDAD" at the top and has a bar code at the bottom. Do not pack the reciprocity document in your checked luggage, as you must present the ticket with an official bar code at cruise check-in or risk being denied boarding.

Going back to the start of my thread post.

My question was about arriving in Chile by cruise liner and paying a reciprocity fee.

Yes there is a reciprocity fee to be paid by Australians if arriving by air or on the road.

I have since found out officially that this fee has now been cancelled for Australians arriving by cruise liner in Chile.

In Argentina yes.

In Brazil yes.

In Chile No.

• 4 weeks later...
Going back to the start of my thread post.

My question was about arriving in Chile by cruise liner and paying a reciprocity fee.

Yes there is a reciprocity fee to be paid by Australians if arriving by air or on the road.

I have since found out officially that this fee has now been cancelled for Australians arriving by cruise liner in Chile.

In Argentina yes.

In Brazil yes.

In Chile No.

Wonderful now u have some extra spending cash.....