Boston to Bermuda in october

hladygirl

DD and I did NY to Bermuda Cruise a few years ago. We left on Oct. 29th and returned on Nov. 5th. Oh, by the way, it was the year that we had the freak snow storm on

Oct. 28th. We sailed out of NY with winter coats on. We were in the warmer air the following day and in pool weather the next day. Now we all know you can never plan on what the weather will be. I would suggest layers for the first two days and the last two days. That way you can always remove a layer if you happen to get too warm. Going out of Boston on Oct. 7th, you should be fairly warm, maybe in the 60's or low 70's. Coming home should be about the same. As I said, bring along a pair of long pants and a sweater and you should be good, I would think. But then again, you can't fool with Mother Nature. Enjoy your cruise.

We were in Bermuda Oct 11 - 18, 2015 and it was in the mid 80's during the day. It even felt warmer due to the humidity. We left from New York and the second full day started to get nice and warm. I brought a lightweight jacket with me and long pants for embarkation and disembarkation. We're leaving on NCL on the 16th to Bermuda this year. :) Have fun!!

Edited by emilysmom97

• 1 month later...

We've cruised to Bermuda out of NY in early Oct. The weather was fine, coming, going and while there. A 3 or 4 day stay in Bermuda via cruise ship is very nice and combined with the sailing it makes for a nice 7 day vacation. We did fly/stay several years ago and it was considerably more $$$$ when all was said and done compared to taking a cruise there. Dining in Bermuda is pricey.

Hi - curious if anyone here has ever flown to Bermuda and how you would compare it to cruising out of New York/New Jersey?Boston area. Which do you prefer and why?

After cruising to Bermuda 3 summers in a row, we flew to Bermuda and rented a small condo from a Bermuda resident. There's one or two popular web sites that Bermuda residents use to advertise their rental space. We paid $125/night total...no extra taxes or fees. We would have coffee and danish for breakfast each morning at the condo, then eat either lunch or dinner out. The other meal we prepared something simple at the condo.

We loved the vacation. Having seven full days in Bermuda was wonderful! Maybe our best day: We drove our rented scooter from the Dockyard along the South Road and stopped at each and every beach. Sometimes we stayed a few minutes taking pictures, sometimes we stayed a while and swam. Great day!

In the end this vacation cost about 20% more than a cruise. Well worth it for having seven full days in Bermuda.

We went on our cruise to Bermuda on October 7 out of Boston. The weather was nice and so was the water temp. Un fortunately hurricanes Matthew and Nicole decided to visit. We left on a Friday and were sunning at the pool sat. Sat night was really rough seas. Arrived in Bermuda on Sunday and were sun burned after 2 hours at horseshoe bay. The waves were unbelievabl due to the Hurricanes offshore. It was a blast swimming in them. Monday was also a beautiful day with some showers. Woke up Tuesday am to the capt announcing we were leaving in one hour due to the hurricane. That whole day was rainy,windy and extremely rough seas. We'd and thur we were back out by the pool with warm and sunny weather. Arrived in Boston Friday to cool sunny day.

• 2 weeks later...

The Atlantic keeps its Summer warmth through October - Bermuda's beaches are at their best - and sailing to and from should be in the. 70's. Of course, it is still hurricane season - but barring that one or two days which MIGHT be tough in one out of every four or eight years that a hurricane does hit - then, you will want to be packed for Nova Scotia.

Do not try to plan for a hurricane - if it comes, it comes, and will force a change of itinerary --- but the odds are better than at least a hundred to one against anything like that impacting any cruise.

The Atlantic keeps its Summer warmth through October - Bermuda's beaches are at their best - and sailing to and from should be in the. 70's. Of course, it is still hurricane season - but barring that one or two days which MIGHT be tough in one out of every four or eight years that a hurricane does hit - then, you will want to be packed for Nova Scotia.

Do not try to plan for a hurricane - if it comes, it comes, and will force a change of itinerary --- but the odds are better than at least a hundred to one against anything like that impacting any cruise.

Good advice but a bunch who posted on Cruise Critic, particularly on Breakaway, who were impacted by Nicole this October and didn't make it to Bermuda were inconsolable and bitter. Anyone who is OCD about making it to Bermuda should not book during hurricane season.

Also not sure about your odds. Two of the four cruises I booked to Bermuda in Hurricane season were impacted by hurricanes. We did make it to Bermuda but we left Bermuda a day early on one cruise and arrived a day late on one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

as a sort of aside, BA doesnt go to bermuda in october anymore. i wonder if it's because of the hurricanes?

That is possible. October may not have been working out. My usual Bermuda ship, Summit does not go to Bermuda anymore after Labor Day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

We went in October and only experienced cooler temps during sailaway in the states. :p

It was warm (not "I can't breathe" warm, but very comfortable) and we are beach people and that's exactly what we did...went to all the beaches to swim and snorkel. Although you can't really predict the weather and temps, we had a great time and weather in October. :)

We have cruised to Bermuda out of Boston and New York in October. The only time we experienced rough seas was our first full day at sea from New York. The weather is beautiful in October and the ocean is still warm. We cruised once in July to Bermuda and it was much more humid. We are renting for a week this October in Bermuda and I dont believe it will cost us much more to stay 7 days than cruising to Bermuda in a balcony cabin.

Hi - curious if anyone here has ever flown to Bermuda and how you would compare it to cruising out of New York/New Jersey?Boston area. Which do you prefer and why?

QWe flew from Boston to Bermuda a oug 4-5 times and liked it fine as it is a very short flight, Bermuda has some lovely resort hotels, tthey are pricey but we enjoyed a few My DH was in graduuate sxhool a f\ew of the times we went and it was a great rest for him. I have cruised there two or three times and like it fine.