Question about Mayan lunch and Tulum tour

Stacy68

My husband and I will be taking the VIP Mayan lunch and Tulum tour with cenote swim (thru Carnival) and I was wondering if anyone knew if we should wear our swim suits to the tour or if they stop somewhere and let you change? I'd hate to bring a change of clothes for no reason. I was also wondering, what do you do with your valuables on the swim? Do they have lockers there or do you just place them on the shore?

Ā 

Thanks for any info....this is our first cruise and we're pretty much clueless about everything cruise related! This forum has been AWESOME for us!!!

Those details should be in the information packet for your excursion. But yes, by all means bring a change of clothes. You've got a very long day to wander around in only swim togs. Most of the excursions to cenotes are held in parks where lockers are available.

My husband and I will be taking the VIP Mayan lunch and Tulum tour with cenote swim (thru Carnival) and I was wondering if anyone knew if we should wear our swim suits to the tour or if they stop somewhere and let you change? I'd hate to bring a change of clothes for no reason. I was also wondering, what do you do with your valuables on the swim? Do they have lockers there or do you just place them on the shore?

Ā 

Thanks for any info....this is our first cruise and we're pretty much clueless about everything cruise related! This forum has been AWESOME for us!!!

Ā 

I posted a review in another thread - but we didn't wear our swim suits. There were bathrooms once we got to the village to change into swimsuits - the we carried our bags. You can also run back (if you hurry) and put them in the van. It was pretty close, but our guide didn't dilly-dally. :) Even when you get to the cenote - we were the only group there and we just set the bags on the dock. You don't go far from the dock - plus some people in the group don't swim so I asked them to take a few photos for us.

Ā 

It was very relaxed. we changed out of our suits before lunch so we didn't have to sit in them. I do think some people just wore them the entire time -but not necessary.