Luggage Tags

SunSeekerEBS

This is our first time on MSC. On Princess, we always get luggage tags mailed to us and we put them on all of our suitcases before we embark. Then people just take our luggage at the curb. Does MSC send tags or how do they identify that the luggage goes to our room? We haven't received anything yet and usually we will have everything we need right after we pay our final payment (75 days out).

Thanks for your input. :)

This is our first time on MSC. On Princess, we always get luggage tags mailed to us and we put them on all of our suitcases before we embark. Then people just take our luggage at the curb. Does MSC send tags or how do they identify that the luggage goes to our room? We haven't received anything yet and usually we will have everything we need right after we pay our final payment (75 days out).

As far as I know, you will get tags for you luggage at your check-in and then you will find them (the luggage) at you cabin door.

We just got back from the Jan. 23 sailing on Poesia. Once you arrive at the pier, there is staff there that gives you luggage tags and you write your name & cabin # on them and hand them over. Easy-peasy!!

We embarked at about 1pm, our bags were at our room by 5pm, no troubles!

We received in the mail a MSC nylon wallet with our cruise tickets, luggage tags, cruise contract and a general info booklet, about 2 wks before the cruise. Tags are available at the dock if you need extra or for some reason don't get them in the mail. Bill

With the exception of my last cruise, I've always received my tickets and luggage labels 2-3 weeks before sailing. last time there was a real mix up and I know the TA (whom I'd never used before, and never will again played a big part in this). However still no problem as the had plenty of labels to spare at the port.

• 2 weeks later...

First time cruising with MSC.

First time using an on-line TA - what a mistake. They e-mailed embarkation papers and said there was no need for us to receive luggage tags prior to embarkation. Spoke with an MSC rep. and they acknowledged trouble with this TA and said that they would send us a full package - including luggage tags.

I always use my local travel agent. He receives the document package (with luggage tags) directly from MSC (or Costa) anywhere from one to three weeks prior to the cruise departure and calls me. I pick them up, write a check for the cruise, and go back home. When I arrive at the cruise port check-in, I put the tags on the bags and they're delivered to my cabin. Couldn't be more simple.

Archived