Ship visit on Explorer of the seas

On monday may 18th 2015 i had the pleasure to been invited by a travel agency onboard the Explorer of the seas while she was docked here in Oslo, Norway.

I arrived at the quay around 10.45 and went on board around 11 pm, we had a guided tour around the ship guided by a woman from RCCL office in Oslo. I have been on 2 cruises on her sistership, Navigator of the seas and they are pretty much the same ship on the inside. It's some few difference, like Giovanni table is placed next to Schooner bar on deck 4 in front where Navigator have Sober, on Explorer Sober is placed where Chops are Navigator and Chops on Explorer are placed where Giovanni is on Navigator.

After walking around the whole ship we ended up in the Sapphire dinning room where we eat a great lunch with a starter, main course and a lovely warn chocolate cake to dessert. We could chose between 3 starters, 3 main courses and only the chocolate cake for dessert. The food was great all over.

After the lunch the tour was over and had to leave the ship, I treat to hide in a lifeboat but they would find me any ways since my passport was on the quay guarded by the security staff on board

I must say that I Voyager class is my favorite class in the RCCL fleet, I have been on Navigator, Liberty and Oasis.

Please click on the link below to see some pictures from the visit

Cracking pictures, can't wait until May 26th when we her board in Southampton for a trip to your beautiful country.

Geoff & Cath

Thanks, It will be great to have you here, I think you will have a great cruise on Explorer

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they did not replace the cushions on the Solarium loungers. They were getting a bit worn when the Explorer was in NJ last year. I thought then, that at least those would be replaced during drydock. Otherwise, the ship looks great and you will have a fantastic time on her -- she's a great ship with a great crew.

Looks like they did not replace the cushions on the Solarium loungers. They were getting a bit worn when the Explorer was in NJ last year. I thought then, that at least those would be replaced during drydock. Otherwise, the ship looks great and you will have a fantastic time on her -- she's a great ship with a great crew.

Unfortunately, there were a few things that you would have expected to have been repaired during a 45 day dry dock that weren't.

Sliding doors to the pool deck not working correctly - had to be pulled open by guests on several occasions.

Lighting that was missing/broken prior to dry dock, still missing/broken.

Whirlpools on the pool deck with broken controls/malfunctioning jets prior to dry dock, still broken/malfunctioning.

Oh, and the large screen poolside had a full section of pixels out right in the top center - and it was only three weeks after fitting :(.

Still, the flowrider works :D