Last minute Barbados planning - Help!

lacruisecat

I will be leaving in about 2 weeks on the Golden Princess and have every island planned except the morning when we arrive in Barbados.

The ship will be there from 7 in the morning until 6.

I have the afternoon planned - snorkel with Thriller - meets at 11:45

I was thinking about getting a taxi - how much do they charge an hour? I will be traveling solo, so this is important.

I was also thinking about going to Bathsheba first thing in the morning and then getting to Harrison's cave before they open at 9. I have heard the tour only lasts 30 minutes. Is that true?

Thanks

I will be on the same ship as lacruiser and would like to know about reputable private tours of the entire island. I would rather avoid a group tour, but I've heard some less than thrilling reports about Bajan cabbies. Anyone have a specific recommendation of someone they know? Thanks, Donia

I have used two different guys on different trips, and they have both worked out great. William Drayton at 246 230 5800 or Alan Burke at 246 230 2456. If you give them a week or two notice they should be able to help.

Have a great trip!

Whatever you do in Barbados, make sure you try some cream rum. It's is really, really good. We buy some every time we go to Barbados. It's great to add to coffee, hot chocolate, icecream, or to drink it just by itself as a dessert drink.

lacruisecat and doniag, my wife and I are on the same cruise, have no specific plans for barbados. lacruisecat, think I saw you are booked with Eli in Antigua, we are too. are you going to the get together at the Oasis that Jon has scheduled? perhaps we can link up, split a taxi, something like that. Never been there, open to a little sightseeing, a beach snorkel, whatever. We didn't want to plan every day/all day, enjoy just winging it and/or relaxing more at some ports.

Bernie

Archived