Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old February 5th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

They have a linguini pomodoro on the menu every night, as well as a vegetarian option of the day (eggplant parmesan, etc). You could also order from the children's menu which has a grilled cheese sandwich, and possibly a cheese pizza. And great french fries, although I can't say I asked what they were fried in.

Old February 5th, 2013, 08:22 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3hungryboys View Post
I was looking over the menus that people have posted. I noticed several glaring mistakes regarding menu items being listed as vegetarian or gluten free.

Snow crab salad is listed as vegetarian.

I saw several items listed as gluten free that from the description contain wheat. Items like pita bread and bread stuffing.

Then there are other items like fruit soups and salads that sound as if they should be vegetarian, but have no vegetarian symbol.

I guess my family of 4 vegetarians will be asking a million questions.

Plus, only one vegetarian entree choice. Really?
I hope you realize that your server has other tables and that you should keep your questions at a minimum and not monopolize all his/her time.

Old February 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplazo View Post
I hope you realize that your server has other tables and that you should keep your questions at a minimum and not monopolize all his/her time.
I'm sure if the waiter knows the menu it shouldn't take that long to answer any questions. Plus, I was under the impression that the head waiter could also help with any dietary questions/requirements.

Old February 5th, 2013, 08:51 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
I'm sure if the waiter knows the menu it shouldn't take that long to answer any questions. Plus, I was under the impression that the head waiter could also help with any dietary questions/requirements.
Well, more than 2 questions is alot and time consurming. Just saying.

Old February 5th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I'll be sure to remind the meat eaters that I share a table with not to ask more than two questions per meal either.

We mustn't have the guests being a bother to the staff after all.

Old February 5th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Oh please. A whole table of vegetarians won't need to ALL ask the questions. If everyone's paying attention then the questions only need to be asked once. I think it would take longer for the waiter to ask each person say, how do you want your steak cooked, and with the answer of Very well done, burn it if you have to, I don't want any pink at all.

You've never asked your server more than two questions about a dish prior to ordering?

Caribbean Princess--W. Caribbean, Nov 2013 Full review here or Cozumel/Tulum, Roatan/Maya Key, Belize/Goff's Caye here. Plus post-cruise trip New Orleans
Allure--E. Caribbean, Mar 2013 Read my review! Nassau, St. Thomas, St, Maarten. Pictures are missing
Monarch--Bahamas, Feb 2012 Nassau, Coco Cay
Celebrity Century--W. Caribbean, Nov 2002 Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Cozumel, Key West
Carnival--Mexican Riviera, Mar 1993 Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta

Old February 5th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I'll be sure to remind the meat eaters that I share a table with not to ask more than two questions per meal either.

We mustn't have the guests being a bother to the staff after all.
Seriously, like the time it takes for you to ask your waiter a few questions is gonna take longer than the guy who orders 4 apps and 3 entrees for himself? I say ask away! My bff and cousin are strict vegetarians. I eat out with them all the time and their questions take mere seconds!

Caribbean Princess--W. Caribbean, Nov 2013 Full review here or Cozumel/Tulum, Roatan/Maya Key, Belize/Goff's Caye here. Plus post-cruise trip New Orleans
Allure--E. Caribbean, Mar 2013 Read my review! Nassau, St. Thomas, St, Maarten. Pictures are missing
Monarch--Bahamas, Feb 2012 Nassau, Coco Cay
Celebrity Century--W. Caribbean, Nov 2002 Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Cozumel, Key West
Carnival--Mexican Riviera, Mar 1993 Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta

Old February 5th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by whataboutport View Post
Seriously, like the time it takes for you to ask your waiter a few questions is gonna take longer than the guy who orders 4 apps and 3 entrees for himself? I say ask away! My bff and cousin are strict vegetarians. I eat out with them all the time and their questions take mere seconds!
I know. It doesn't take long to ask and it isn't like we have to ask about everything.

I ate out at the weekend and only had to ask one question.