A few questions regarding Halloween

winterface

Hey everybody, just would like to say thanks for everyone that posts here, this place has TONS of information!

Wife and I have never been on a cruise, however she is crazy for Disney and crazy for Halloween. Its really her two favorite things, so I want to surprise her. (We don't have any kids, will be just us)

This fall is a no-go because we are moving but for next October, do you think Disney will be doing the "Halloween on the High Seas" for 2015?

I was looking at the Oct 30 sail, I hope thats not too late for the Halloween stuff? I wouldn't think so but maybe they are starting to put away the decorations then?

Also worried that that since the ship will be dry docked earlier that month that they won't do any halloween stuff. But maybe thats not a big deal.

Okay last question, How early should I be booking? If I wait a week are the prices going to shoot up to the stars on me, or can I wait a bit (say til september?)

These questions are almost impossible to answer probably, but Y'all know every nook and cranny of this biz so I am at mercy to your knowledge and opinions.

Odds are it will exist in 2015. They did a trial run last year on one ship, this year they expanded to all 4....so I think it will stick around.

Oct 30 is fine. No, the decorations won't come down till the last evening of the Oct 30 cruise if they hold to the Christmas/New Year's schedule).

Generally early booking is better. Prices usually go up...but the question is how fast they increase. So book as soon as you can. The deposit locks in your price and you can cancel for a full refund up to the penalty date.

I'm not worried about the dry dock situation....I think they'll still decorate, but a "for sure" schedule will come out before the penalty date. If you don't like what you see then, cancel or change ships.

The Halloween trial run was in 2012, or prior.... Trust me. ;)

We got caught up in the ambiguity on the Fantasy in 2012.

I would hope they have their act together by now.

Although DCL is expanding their Halloween activities across their fleet. They are also trying to align them consistently too, across the fleet, IMO.

So the experience is generally the same from ship to ship.

But DCL is still secretive on which specific day they will have their Halloween Festivities. :rolleyes: But depending on your sailing, it may be easy to figure out which day/night they will have said festivities.

I have no clue why DCL won't post rotations, shows, dates, festive dates, etc.

Perhaps they know the inability to plan may help the DCL Magic.

It would help to know which vessel you are focusing you travel for us to assist.

HTH