Liberty vs Navigator

How similar or different are they? To date, Navigator is the biggest ship I have sailed on, and honestly my least favorite. Not for any reason in particular, I just prefer the somewhat smaller ships. I think I am partial to Vision class, because Grandeur was my first. However, I'm looking at booking a cruise, and due to other factors, it seems as though Liberty may be the one. Is there anyone else who prefers the Vision or Radiance class that can tell me about your experience with a bigger ship? Thanks!

How similar or different are they? To date, Navigator is the biggest ship I have sailed on, and honestly my least favorite. Not for any reason in particular, I just prefer the somewhat smaller ships. I think I am partial to Vision class, because Grandeur was my first. However, I'm looking at booking a cruise, and due to other factors, it seems as though Liberty may be the one. Is there anyone else who prefers the Vision or Radiance class that can tell me about your experience with a bigger ship? Thanks!

Navigator and Liberty are much more similar than different. Liberty is about 90 feet longer with 500 more guests. Liberty has a few extra venues such as the H2O zone for kids, flow rider, boxing ring, and Sorrento's in the Promenade. Liberty is basically a stretched version of Navigator, so the ship layout (other than the additional venues) is virtually identical.

Both are great, and similar, classes of ships. I won't book anything smaller than the Voyager (Navigator) class. However, if you did not like Navigator I suspect that you are not going to like Liberty much better since the two classes are so much alike.

Never been on Liberty (going on her in Feb.) however have been on her sister ship Freedom twice and Navigator once. Loved both not really too much difference like everyone else said slight size difference and decorations . IF you did not like the size of Navigator you probably will not like the Liberty either. We love Freedom class but we are partial since we were married while on a cruise on her. But I have to say my best cruise so far (other than my wedding cruise because ...well ..you can't compare any thing to that :o) was on the Navigator just had the best time on it. Was a spur of the moment cruise and turned out great !!

How similar or different are they?

The layout is similar enough that you will feel comfortable and can find your way around easily. I've been on Freedom, and seen Liberty. I think Freedom remains my favorite class of ship.

Archived