Legal drinking age in other countries

WonderousBlue

Never ceases to amaze me why people just don't Google their question to find the answer ?:confused:

Why waste your breathe if you can be polite and help out another fellow cruiser... there are no stupid questions on here. .. we are all here to help and learn from another.... your point in your remark serves no purpose whatsoever!

Canada's legal drinking age is set by the provinces or territories:

Alberta 18

British Columbia 19

Manitoba 18

New Brunswick 19

Newfoundland and Labrador 19

Northwest Territories 19

Nova Scotia 19

Nunavut 19

Ontario 19

Prince Edward Island 19

Québec 18

Saskatchewan 19

Yukon 19

But I can remember when it was 21 in BC.

Yes, they will be able to have a drink in the islands.

Seeing as they likely are not accustomed to much drinking at home (given the drinking age being 21), hopefully they will be careful and not over indulge. Jamaica is not a place young people should be walking back to the ship if they have had too much to drink. There are too many opportunities for 'misadventure'.

Yes, they will be able to have a drink in the islands.

Seeing as they likely are not accustomed to much drinking at home (given the drinking age being 21), hopefully they will be careful and not over indulge. Jamaica is not a place young people should be walking back to the ship if they have had too much to drink. There are too many opportunities for 'misadventure'.

I believe the OP is on RCI which will dock at Falmouth. The pier shopping and activities are within a secure contained area which also includes a Margaritaville. That would be the likely watering hole.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Why waste your breathe if you can be polite and help out another fellow cruiser... there are no stupid questions on here. .. we are all here to help and learn from another.... your point in your remark serves no purpose whatsoever!

Thanks for your answer. You were nicer than I would have been. With over 4,000 posts one would think that (no, I'm not going to resort to name calling, as tempting as it is) would know better.

This doesn't answer the OP's question, but for others reading- many ships do allow drinking on board at 18- such as RCI, Celebrity and European ships, if the cruise doesn't start from North America.

Are you sure? My son is 20 and girlfriend 19 and I was told they couldnt drink on the ship.... not that they would drink much but maybe a Pina ColAda or daiquri.... are you sure they can have a drink on ship?