Question about the Circular Quay area

I was thinking about the same thing - although we are planning on catching the train to CQ.

Is anyone familiar with the walk from train station to ship terminal?

TIA :)

I was 5 years in a wheelchair due to a spinal injury. Been out now about 18 months, still need a walking stick at times, I can do it easily.

I was 5 years in a wheelchair due to a spinal injury. I am sorry to hear that. It must have been very difficult.

Been out now about 18 months, still need a walking stick at times, I can do it easily. I am glad to hear things have improved, but I imagine it takes Guts. Is that where your user name comes from?

Best wishes.

Best wishes.

Thanks.

No the user name waaaaayyy pre dates that.

Where it comes from depends on who you listen too.

My brother was gut before me and his mates called me little get (even though I was bugger than him by the time I was ten) some say it was because of the way we played Rugby League others because we both had a bit of a gut on us.

At high school one bloke who knew my brother, who dad dated his sister for a short time, said "Are you Gut's brother" for a while I was known as Gut's brother, it got shortened to Gut, though many still thought it was about the way I played league.

A few years back I had cause to ring a school mate who I hadn't seen for years, he'd moved for work, his wife answered the phone I heard her call him "Someone on the phone for you named Geoff"

"I don't know any Geo..... 5h!7 Gut".

We booked a hotel which is approx 500 meters from the OPT pier.

Read that it may be walked to even with luggage.

Is taking a taxi for such a short distance an option?

Sometimes I have occasional back pain that might prevent me from making the walk.

Thanks in advance.:)

The Four Seasons and Circular Quay station are about the same distance from the OPT and both are within comfortable walking distance. The Four Seasons actually has a Taxi rank just outside so there should always be cabs there and a short trip would not be such a problem and I'm sure if you checked with the hotel concierge he could organise something if need be.

The walk from circular quay station to the terminal is as easy as it gets. The trains arrive on an elevated level, the ticket booths and shops etc are below. When you arrive you have a lovely view over circular quay and the OPT. There are elevators on the platform level taking you to the street level, wide gates available for luggage and large parties to go through, and then it's an easy walk to the OPT with no steps.

Do be aware (I'm not sure where you're traveling from so I might be telling you something you already know!) that Sydney trains use Opal cards now rather than paper tickets. It's been a headache for a lot of people who turn up at a station and expect to be able to purchase a ticket to their destination (you know, like logic would dictate :-D )

Both proposed starting points (Four Seasons Hotel or Circular Quay Station) are less than the length of one large cruise ship from the Terminal. Check google maps if you think I'm exaggerating.

Also, I've stayed at Four Seasons a few times, and the staff there are terrific. If you have a bad back on the day, they'll sort you. It's not as if you're going to be rushing to catch the ship! You'll be fine.

(The YHA at The Rocks is a little different, as it's at the top of a short but very steep hill. That said, I'd happily walk it myself with wheeled cases. I'm 55 and fit.)

The walk from circular quay station to the terminal is as easy as it gets. The trains arrive on an elevated level, the ticket booths and shops etc are below. When you arrive you have a lovely view over circular quay and the OPT. There are elevators on the platform level taking you to the street level, wide gates available for luggage and large parties to go through, and then it's an easy walk to the OPT with no steps.

Do be aware (I'm not sure where you're traveling from so I might be telling you something you already know!) that Sydney trains use Opal cards now rather than paper tickets. It's been a headache for a lot of people who turn up at a station and expect to be able to purchase a ticket to their destination (you know, like logic would dictate :-D )

When was the final cutoff for paper tickets? We still got them in April?

Husband and I are staying at Mantra 2Bond, hopefully it's not too far to walk as my husband has a bad knee. Does anyone know if it's any short easy walk?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Husband and I are staying at Mantra 2Bond, hopefully it's not too far to walk as my husband has a bad knee. Does anyone know if it's any short easy walk?

It's about 850 metres and should take about 10 minutes. It's a flat walk, down George St, through First Fleet Park, and along to the cruise terminal.