Princess - claiming Shareholder OBC

I do not know what is happening with Princess Australia I have never had any problem claiming shareholder obc since 2009 and for the Aus cruises the reply usually comes within a few hours - certainly within a day BUT this time after 4 requests I am being told that the paperwork (Same as always used) does not confirm I am a shareholder?

An up to date statement with my name on it and a copy of the original shares certificate seems not to be accepted. Are they changing their ways or their staff?

I have just sent it all again and will hope for the best:(:(:(:(

Which email address did you send it to?

PNG is on our list,but if we keep doing these jan,feb cruises,we aint going to get to Europe or the U.S. of a,b,,c:rolleyes:

This is always the issue, juggling time off, costs and taking advantage of cruises that only go in the summer season as well as the specials.

Edited by MicCanberra

I do not know what is happening with Princess Australia I have never had any problem claiming shareholder obc since 2009 and for the Aus cruises the reply usually comes within a few hours - certainly within a day BUT this time after 4 requests I am being told that the paperwork (Same as always used) does not confirm I am a shareholder?

An up to date statement with my name on it and a copy of the original shares certificate seems not to be accepted. Are they changing their ways or their staff?

I have just sent it all again and will hope for the best:(:(:(:(

Still no action Have had a response but nothing doing so far

In the meantime I have sent the same info to Carnival for a cruise and got back an immediate reply

I am using the same e-mail as I have used for several other cruises and as said they send an acknowledgement but nothing else.

Still no action Have had a response but nothing doing so far

In the meantime I have sent the same info to Carnival for a cruise and got back an immediate reply

I am using the same e-mail as I have used for several other cruises and as said they send an acknowledgement but nothing else.

It took two weeks for mine to come through, Windsor26. Fingers crossed yours will come through next week.

I think I will send in for ours (November cruise) now, so that it comes in time..

Edited by MicCanberra

We are on a November cruise too.....after reading how long it takes for the credit to be applied here, I attached the proof of shares documents to an email to my Princess cruise planner this morning, as she had suggested a while ago that she would organise it for us. Just got an email back that she has applied the OBC and saved my info for future cruises, but it may have to be updated as the Shares docs are only valid for 6 months......I just checked my cruise personaliser and the OBC is there:eek::p

I love my planner!!

We are on a November cruise too.....after reading how long it takes for the credit to be applied here, I attached the proof of shares documents to an email to my Princess cruise planner this morning, as she had suggested a while ago that she would organise it for us. Just got an email back that she has applied the OBC and saved my info for future cruises, but it may have to be updated as the Shares docs are only valid for 6 months......I just checked my cruise personaliser and the OBC is there:eek::p

I love my planner!!

Good job.

I attached the proof of shares documents to an email to my Princess cruise planner this morning, as she had suggested a while ago that she would organise it for us.:eek::p

I love my planner!!

What is a Princess Cruise Planner and how do you get one?

I booked online with Princess instead of through a TA for the first time and the only responses I got were emailed booking confirmation, upgrade, final payment due etc from reservations@princesscruises.com. Never anything personal or a contact name.

Good job.

I was prepared for the long wait Mic.....I rechecked the personaliser to make sure I wasn't mistaken. She has also sent an email from Princess with the updated info. Let's hope it is that easy in the future:rolleyes:

I would recommend anyone who cruises regularly with Princess and books direct (no agents) have a planner, makes life easier and so nice to deal with:)

What is a Princess Cruise Planner and how do you get one?

I booked online with Princess instead of through a TA for the first time and the only responses I got were emailed booking confirmation, upgrade, final payment due etc from reservations@princesscruises.com. Never anything personal or a contact name.

At the bottom of the Princess page there is a link http://www.princess.com/cruise_vacation_planning/ which will give you the info you need :)

As with all travel agents though how you get on will depend on the person and you, if you are not happy or don't feel the one you get first time is the right person for you, you can ask to be assigned another.

At the bottom of the Princess page there is a link http://www.princess.com/cruise_vacation_planning/ which will give you the info you need :)

As with all travel agents though how you get on will depend on the person and you, if you are not happy or don't feel the one you get first time is the right person for you, you can ask to be assigned another.

Agree, luckily I was assigned someone I find helpful and friendly. Didn't know about them, a Princess booking consultant suggested it about a year ago.

There are rules re your booking, it can't be transferred to a TA if you see a cheaper price, the booking has to be cancelled then rebooked with your TA.

Just nice to talk to the same person rather than get a different person all the time. I have been dealing with her for about a year, when she is away I speak with other PCP's, they have all been nice.......so far haha!

Agree, luckily I was assigned someone I find helpful and friendly. Didn't know about them, a Princess booking consultant suggested it about a year ago.

There are rules re your booking, it can't be transferred to a TA if you see a cheaper price, the booking has to be cancelled then rebooked with your TA.

Just nice to talk to the same person rather than get a different person all the time. I have been dealing with her for about a year, when she is away I speak with other PCP's, they have all been nice.......so far haha!

They also have to give you a 10 day cooling off period before they can bill you as well [emoji6] so you can hold a cabin for 10 days without payment if you are undecided.

We too have found each one that we have spoken to to be very friendly and most helpful. Maybe it helps they are not trying to sell other products? They certainly never seem to be under any pressure from above to get bookings or push for sales from what we have seen.

At the bottom of the Princess page there is a link

Thanks for that. I had seen it before but thought it was just a wall chart like a Year Planner and never bothered to look further. I'll contact them next time I want to make a booking.

I think we were lucky with our next cruise. I saw it at a good price but was waiting for it to drop. When I logged in and rechecked the price it went down $400pp so I booked it. If it was a mistake they didn't say anything and honoured the price. It is now $300pp dearer when you login. If I'd booked through a planner they may have realised there was an error and corrected the price.

Thanks for that. I had seen it before but thought it was just a wall chart like a Year Planner and never bothered to look further. I'll contact them next time I want to make a booking.

I think we were lucky with our next cruise. I saw it at a good price but was waiting for it to drop. When I logged in and rechecked the price it went down $400pp so I booked it. If it was a mistake they didn't say anything and honoured the price. It is now $300pp dearer when you login. If I'd booked through a planner they may have realised there was an error and corrected the price.

The Princess booking site is a bit tricky, sometimes gives a different price if you are not logged in, also when you go further with the booking it is sometimes cheaper than what is shown on the screen.:confused:

I keep all the ones I am booked on as "saved cruises" in "My Princess" then go back and check the prices often!!

What address did you send it to? I sent ours off to defencebenefits@princesscruises.com.au on 2nd September but have had no auto response.

I sent my email to the above email address on the 1st September and I got the auto reply immediately. Still waiting for the OBC confirmation email. They state "We aim to respond within 15 business days of receiving your email". I am at day 5 and counting.:D