Princess - claiming Shareholder OBC

We recently purchased 100 x Carnival Shares and emailed info@princess.com.au to claim for a cruise we have booked for 29th November and received this reply;

We cannot add these benefits until 90 days prior to sailing. Once this booking is within that time frame please send in the valid documentation (must be recent shares purchased 6 months or less prior to sailing).

From posts elsewhere on Cruise Critic and in the Carnival Shareholder Benefits document there is no mention of either of these conditions. What is going on?

I'm sure once your in the 90 day frame it will be sorted.A few threads on this on the main princess forum.:)

I for one would be on the phone,not once but probably 5x to princess hammering away.

Edited by mrs and mrs
after thought

It is interesting to read the 2016 shareholder request form though, nowhere does it say you cannot apply more than 90 days out. It does say you cannot apply within 14 days of sailing and under proof of eligibility you cannot use a shares certificate or a brokerage statement unless it is less than 90 days old.

You could however use a shareholder proxy card, nominee statement or a dividend tax statement of any age as they don't have the same caveat listed :confused: So if you have one of these three documents you should be able to put the request in at any time? That is if Princess has the correct info on their form.

Edited by Womble99

What about the "must be recent shares purchased 6 months or less prior to sailing" part though?

Maybe the person mistook the date of proof of ownership e.g. share statement to be less than 6 months old.

Edited by linanles

What about the "must be recent shares purchased 6 months or less prior to sailing" part though?

Maybe the person mistook the date of proof of ownership e.g. share statement to be less than 6 months old.

Problem with requiring recent shares as per that statement you would have to purchase new shares every six months?

Problem with requiring recent shares as per that statement you would have to purchase new shares every six months?

That's exactly what I thought and why I think the lady from Princess that replied to me got it wrong. Not that it matters this time as it will be within 6 months. I'll wait until after the 90 days and apply again.

Do I need to send a claim form? I saw on another thread that other people just sent the email with their booked cruise details and attached proof of share ownership and that's what I did.

Edited by linanles

That's exactly what I thought and why I think the lady from Princess that replied to me got it wrong. Not that it matters this time as it will be within 6 months. I'll wait until after the 90 days and apply again.

Do I need to send a claim form? I saw on another thread that other people just sent the email with their booked cruise details and attached proof of share ownership and that's what I did.

Congratulations on your purchase. They are well worth acquiring in my opinion if you cruise frequently.

A claim form is not required. Just details of your cruise (booking number, ship name, date, departure port, your name, etc...) and proof of purchase and email to the following address.......

shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com

The record for reply and confirmation for me is 10 minutes!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Congratulations on your purchase. They are well worth acquiring in my opinion if you cruise frequently.

A claim form is not required. Just details of your cruise (booking number, ship name, date, departure port, your name, etc...) and proof of purchase and email to the following address.......

shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com

The record for reply and confirmation for me is 10 minutes!!!

I sent an email last Wednesday, with all details and proof of purchase attached, and I still haven't heard back from them. :mad:

I'll try sending it again today.

At least I got an automated response from that one, including the following comment:

"We aim to respond within 15 business days of receiving your email. " :eek:

Really? 15 days? Hopefully I'll hear something before then or it will be too late to claim for my upcoming cruise.

At least I got an automated response from that one, including the following comment:

"We aim to respond within 15 business days of receiving your email. " :eek:

Really? 15 days? Hopefully I'll hear something before then or it will be too late to claim for my upcoming cruise.

Looking back at my emails, I received my OBC confirmation 1 hour after applying.:)

Waiting.... waiting....

It's over an hour.

*Stamps feet and throws a tanty* ;) :D

JULIE,whilst you are having a tantrum.Answer me this.

(a) Do we have to apply via post,for visa to china

or (b)can we do it online.

Which is the best way.

I don't like posting our passports via mail,so I'm presuming that via online,we scan and send.

Online is via VisaLink.

Edited by mrs and mrs

JULIE,whilst you are having a tantrum.Answer me this.

(a) Do we have to apply via post,for visa to china

or (b)can we do it online.

Which is the best way.

I don't like posting our passports via mail,so I'm presuming that via online,we scan and send.

Online is via VisaLink.

Don't know, sorry. You may have to send your passport in regardless - if so, send it registered mail.

I've only been to China once, at least 10 years ago, and DH sorted out my visa along with his, which may have been through VisaLink. Still had to give passports to them to have the visa applied.

Yeah, Visalink say they need originals to be sent to their office.

edit: actually, better that you apply direct to the visa centre rather than visalink. They also say they accept post, and it'll cut off >$100/visa from the cost for visalink's processing fees.

Edited by The_Big_M

CHEERS,OKJ,TBM,

Yep its amazing ya read stuff,and then when someone explains it,it suddenly becomes apparent.

Anyways theres a happy note to this,Lindas near having a fit as well,and rifling through our travel doc container,and lo and behold she finds my $3000 bracelet that I thought I had lost last trip.

Happy,happy,happy.

Online is via VisaLink.

Does Australia Post have a Courier service?

When I had to send my Passport away I used NZ Post courier and it was tracked all the way. I also included a paid return courier bag/envelope and could track its return .

Does Australia Post have a Courier service?

When I had to send my Passport away I used NZ Post courier and it was tracked all the way. I also included a paid return courier bag/envelope and could track its return .

yep registered post,able to track,and need to include return reg post envolope